202 KAR 5:010. Criteria for allocation of grant money.
RELATES TO: KRS 154.12-203(2), (9)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 154.12-203(9)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 154.12-203(9) authorizes the Kentucky Commission on Military Affairs to promulgate administrative regulations. This administrative regulation establishes the purpose of the grant program, and the criteria for receiving a grant allocation.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Advocacy project" means a project that includes the scrutiny of, or the proposing of legislation which affects the military missions and commands of the Commonwealth;
(2) "Civilian service project" means a project that promotes:
(a) Attracting military retirees and recently separated military personnel to locate in the Commonwealth;
(b) Tourism; or
(c) Historic preservation;
(3) "Commission" means the Kentucky Commission on Military Affairs;
(4) "Committee" means the Executive Committee of the Kentucky Commission on Military Affairs;
(5) "Community interface project" means a project that promotes or enhances regional or local civic or military relations;
(6) "Economic development project" means a project that invests in the qualified development of former military base properties, and helps to attract new, or expand existing military missions and commands;
(7) "Infrastructure project" means a project that supports public infrastructure improvements such as roads, water, sewer, or utilities near military bases, commands, operations, or activities;
(8) "Other project" means a project that:
(a) Does not fit within economic development, infrastructure, community interface, civilian service, statutory, or advocacy projects; and
(b) Meets the qualifications of KRS 154.12-203(2);
(9) "Statutory project" means a project that:
(a) Addresses zoning actions to facilitate local land use planning; or
(b) Helps effect environmental problems.
Section 2. Program Objective. The program objective shall be to promote community or local government participation in preserving and enhancing military commands and missions in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Section 3. Eligible Applicant. An applicant shall:
(a) A city, county, or urban county government;
(b) Nonprofit economic development organization;
(c) Chamber of commerce;
(d) Citizen group; or
(e) Another group that has demonstrated an interest in enhancing the public awareness of the economic importance of military activities in the Commonwealth; and
(2) Submit a completed "Community Grant Application Form" to the Kentucky Commission on Military Affairs.
Section 4. Eligible Project. A project that seeks grant money shall fall within one (1) of the following areas:
(1) Economic development project;
(2) Infrastructure project;
(3) Community interface project;
(4) Civilian service project;
(5) Statutory project;
(6) Advocacy project;
(7) Other project.
Section 5. Allocation of Grant Money. (1) On July 1 of each year, staff shall mail the amount of grant money available for that fiscal year to all eligible applicants.
(2) The grant amount shall be allocated in an amount between $500 and $50,000. An exceptional project requiring greater than $50,000 shall be considered.
Section 6. Committee Meetings. The executive committee shall meet as necessary to allocate grant money. Special meetings may be held on the call of the committee chair.
Section 7. Method of payment. (1) An applicant shall enter into a memorandum of agreement with the commission prior to the transfer of grant money and after the project has been approved by the executive committee.
(2)(a) A grant approved in an amount under $5,000 shall be allocated in one payment of 100 percent upon the execution of the memorandum of agreement.
(b) A grant approved in an amount over $5,000 shall be allocated in a payment of seventy-five (75) percent upon execution of a memorandum of agreement, with the remaining twenty-five (25) percent upon submission of a progress report.
Section 8. Applicant Responsibilities. (1) An applicant shall provide a progress report after fifty (50) percent of the project is complete.
(2) A final report shall be filed upon completion of the project, which shall include financial documentation of project costs.
(3) Exceptional project receiving over $50,000 shall be required to submit monthly progress reports.
Section 9. Delegation of Functions. The committee shall review and allocate all requests for grant money. The committee shall not delegate authority to make allocations of grant money.
Section 10. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The following forms are incorporated by reference:
(a) Community Grant Program Application Form, January 1999, Kentucky Commission on of Military Affairs;
(b) Grant Memorandum of Agreement, January 1999, Kentucky Commission on of Military Affairs.
(2) The forms may be inspected, copied or obtained at the Kentucky Commission on Military Affairs, Suite 66 Wilkinson Boulevard, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. (25 Ky.R. 1269; Am. 1869; eff. 2-18-99.)