Kentucky Board of Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Pedorthics
(As Amended at ARRS, March 7, 2016)
RELATES TO: KRS 319B.030(1)(c)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 319B.030(1)(c)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 319B.030(1)(c) authorizes the board to establish circumstances and conditions for individuals who have completed the required training and established circumstances by which an individual may continue to practice as a prosthetist or orthotist. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements for registration for post residency practice.
1. Eligibility. (1) An orthotic or prosthetic resident, who has successfully
completed a National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education
an NCOPE] residency in the appropriate field and
prior to completing the American Board for Certification examination, may work
in the discipline in which he or she is exam eligible upon application to and
approval by the board.
(2) An applicant shall submit to the board:
A completed Kentucky Board of Prosthetics, Orthotics and Pedorthics
Application for Post Residency Registration[
, 2015][ form];
(b) Documentation of residency completion;
(c) Documentation of application for examination; and
(d) A letter from a supervisory licensed practitioner that monitoring of the applicant will continue.
(3) The exemption shall expire fifteen (15) months from the date of completion of the NCOPE residency.
2. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Kentucky Board of Prosthetics,
Orthotics and Pedorthics Application for Post Residency Registration",
2015][ Form BPOP3, 07/2012],
is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Board of Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Pedorthics, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
SIENNA NEWMAN, Chair
APPROVED BY AGENCY: November 18, 2015
FILED WITH LRC: December 18, 2015 at 8 a.m.
CONTACT PERSON: Megan Woodson, Office of Occupations and Professions, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, phone 502-564-3296.