RELATES TO: KRS 319B.040(6)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 319B.040(6)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 319B.040(6) authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations to establish conditions for inactive licensure status. This administrative regulation establishes procedures for inactive status and reactivation.
Section 1. (1) A licensee may apply for inactive status by submitting:
(a) A completed Application for Inactive License; and
(b) The fee for inactive licensure.
(2) A licensee on inactive status shall not engage in the practice of prosthetics, orthotics, or pedorthics.
(3) The fee for licensure on inactive status shall be fifty (50) dollars per year.
(4) Continuing education requirements shall be waived for licensees on inactive status during the time they remain inactive.
(5) If the inactive licensee applies to the board to return to active status, the licensee shall submit proof that he or she has completed six (6) hours of continuing education for the area of discipline in which the licensee is applying within the last twelve (12) month period immediately preceding the date on which the application is submitted.
(6) The licensee may submit a request to the board to return to active status immediately, with the provision that he shall receive the appropriate number of continuing education hours within six (6) months of the date on which he returns to active status.
(7) The reactivation fee for changing from inactive status to active status shall be in compliance with 201 KAR 44:010, Section 2(1) through (3).
(2) This material may be inspected, copied or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Board of Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Pedorthics, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (39 Ky.R. 354; 951; eff. 12-7-2012.)