RELATES TO: KRS 319B.120
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 319B.030(1)(a), (b), (e), 319B.120
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 319B.120 authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations required to establish conditions for the renewal and reinstatement of licenses. This administrative regulation establishes procedures for the renewal of licenses.
Section 1. Renewal. (1) A Licensed Prosthetist, Licensed Orthotist, Licensed Pedorthist, or Licensed Fitter-orthotics shall annually, on or before June 30:
(a) File a completed Application for Renewal;
(b) Submit proof of completion of continuing education established by 201 KAR 44:060; and
(c) Pay to the board the renewal fee established by 201 KAR 44:010.
Section 2. Grace Period. A six (6) month grace period shall apply beginning July 1, during which a Licensed Prosthetist, Licensed Orthotist, Licensed Pedorthist, or Licensed Fitter-orthotics may:
(1) Continue to practice during the six (6) month grace period; and
(2) Renew his or her license upon payment of the initial license fee and the late renewal fee; and
(3) Complete the requirements of Section 1(1)(a) and (b) of this administrative regulation.
Section 3. Expiration of License. (1) A license that is not renewed before December 31 shall be expired for failure to renew.
(2) Upon expiration for failure to renew, the Licensed Prosthetist, Licensed Orthotist, Licensed Pedorthist, or Licensed Fitter-orthotics shall not practice prosthetics, orthotics, or pedorthics in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
(3) The board shall:
(a) Notify in writing the Licensed Prosthetist, Licensed Orthotist, Licensed Pedorthist, or Licensed Fitter-orthotics at the last known address of record of the expiration for failure to renew; and
(b) Instruct in writing the person whose license has expired to cease and desist practice.
Section 4. Reinstatement. After January 1, a person whose license has expired for failure to renew, shall have his or her license reinstated upon:
(1) Payment of the initial license fee and the reinstatement fee;
(2) Completion of the Application for Reinstatement;
(3) Documentation of employment from the time of expiration of employment until the present; and
(4) Completion of the current requirements for licensure established in this administrative regulation.
Section 5. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The following material is incorporated by reference:
(a) "Application for Renewal", 4/2012; and
(b) "Application for Reinstatement", 4/2012.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Board of Licensure for Prosthetics, Orthotics, Pedorthics, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, (502) 564-3296, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (38 Ky.R. 1516; Am. 1856; eff. 6-1-2012.)