201 KAR 42:020. Fees.
RELATES TO: KRS 309.357, 309.362(2), (3)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 309.355(3), 309.357
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 309.355(3) requires the board to promulgate administrative regulations to implement KRS 309.350 to 309.364. KRS 309.357 requires the board to establish reasonable fees for the licensure of massage therapists. KRS 309.362(2) and (3) authorize the issuance of an inactive license and reinstatement. This administrative regulation establishes the fees relating to massage therapy (MT) licensure.
Section 1. Fee Payments. (1) All fees established in Section 2 of this administrative regulation shall be:
(a) Made payable as required by KRS 309.356 to the State Treasury; and
(b) Paid by:
1. Cashier’s check;
2. Certified check;
3. Money order;
4. Personal check; or
5. Online payment by credit card, debit card, or electronic check.
(2) A payment for an application fee that is incorrect shall be returned to the applicant and the application shall not be posted until the correct fee is received.
(3) The application fee and the initial licensure fee established in Section 2(1) of this administrative regulation shall be nonrefundable.
(4) If it is determined that a refund of any fee is required, the refund shall be issued to the applicant or licensee.
Section 2. Fees. (1) The fee for an initial massage therapist license shall be $125.
(2)(a) The biennial renewal fee for a massage therapist license renewed on or before the renewal date shall be $100.
(b) If the license is renewed after the renewal date and up to sixty (60) days after expiration of the license, the fee for late renewal shall be $150.
(c) If the license is renewed sixty-one (61) to ninety (90) days after the expiration of the license, the late renewal fee shall be $200.
(d) If a license is not renewed within ninety (90) days of expiration of the license, the applicant shall comply with KRS 309.357(6).
(3) A licensee shall be in good standing with the board at the time the licensee elects inactive status.
(4)(a) The annual renewal date for an inactive license shall remain the original issue date of the license.
(b) The annual renewal fee for an inactive license shall be thirty-five (35) dollars.
(5) If the inactive license is renewed after the renewal date and up to sixty (60) days after expiration of the license, the fee for late inactive renewal shall be fifty-two (52) dollars and fifty (50) cents.
(6) If the inactive license is renewed sixty-one (61) to ninety (90) days after the expiration of the license, the late renewal fee shall be seventy (70) dollars.
(7) The application fee for moving a license from inactive to active status shall be fifty (50) dollars and shall not be prorated.
(8) A licensee who elects inactive status or an inactive licensee electing to activate his or her license shall complete and submit an Application for Inactive or Return to Active Status in addition to the fee referenced in subsection (7) of this section.
Section 3. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Application for Inactive or Return to Active Status", September 2015, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Division of Occupations and Professions, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (30 Ky.R. 2245; Am. 31 Ky.R. 30; eff. 8-6-2004; 33 Ky.R. 1882; 2934; eff. 4-6-2007; 37 Ky.R. 1011; 1696; 1988; eff. 3-4-2011; 39 Ky.R. 1935; 2163; eff. 5-31-2013; 42 Ky.R. 1588; eff. 2-5-2016.)