RELATES TO: KRS 309.312(1)(a), (4), 309.306, 309.314(1), (2), (4), (6)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 309.304(3), 309.314(1), (2), (4)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 309.304(3) and 309.314 require the Board of Interpreters for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing to promulgate administrative regulations to effectively carry out the provisions of KRS 304.300 to 309.319 and to establish requirements concerning license fees. This administrative regulation establishes all fees charged by the board.
Section 1. Fees for Licensure. (1) The application fee for initial licensure shall consist of the following:
(a) A nonrefundable fifty (50) dollar fee for general application; and
(b) A $125 fee for initial licensure which shall be refunded if:
1. The application is denied; and
2. The applicant submits a written request for the refund.
(3) The annual renewal fee shall be $125. Renewal fees shall not be refundable.
Section 2. Fees for Temporary Licensure. (1) The application fee for initial temporary licensure shall be fifty (50) dollars. This fee shall be nonrefundable.
(2) The initial licensure fee for a temporary license shall be $125. If the application for initial temporary licensure is denied, the initial licensure fee shall be refunded upon written request of the applicant. The extension application fee to maintain or extend a temporary license shall be $125. This fee shall be nonrefundable.
Section 3. Late Renewal and Extension Fees. (1) All licenses renewed during the sixty (60) day grace period shall require payment of a late renewal fee of sixty (60) dollars in addition to the current renewal fee set forth in Section 1(3) of this administrative regulation.
(2) All temporary licenses extended during the sixty (60) day grace period shall pay a late fee of thirty-five (35) dollars in addition to the current extension application fee set forth in Section 2(3) of this administrative regulation.
(3) Late renewal and extension fees shall be nonrefundable.
Section 4. Reinstatement Fee. (1) The reinstatement fee for a license terminated pursuant to KRS 309.314(3) shall be $125, in addition to the current renewal or extension application fee as set forth in Section 1(3) or 2(3) of this administrative regulation.
(2) The reinstatement fee shall be nonrefundable.
Section 5. Fee for a Reciprocal License. (1) The fee for a reciprocal license shall be $250.
(2) The reciprocal license fee shall be nonrefundable.
Section 6. Duplicate License Fee. The fee for a duplicate license shall be ten (10) dollars. (28 Ky.R. 1258; Am. 1606; eff. 1-14-2002; 38 Ky.R. 1643; 1846; eff. 6-1-2012; 40 Ky.R. 641; 1397; eff. 2-3-2014.)