201 KAR 38:070. Renewal of licenses and continuing education.
RELATES TO: KRS 335.625
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 335.615(6), 335.625
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: This administrative regulation is necessitated by KRS 335.625(1) and (2) and sets forth in detail all fees charged by the board necessary for renewal of licenses and sets forth in detail all required continuing education necessary for renewal of licenses.
Section 1. Renewal. Each license holder of the board shall renew his or her license on or before a date that is three (3) years from the date of his or her original license or certification or last renewal on a form prescribed by the board, "Renewal Application" (August 2001, edition).
Section 2. Renewal Fees and Penalties. The following fees shall be paid in connection with all renewals of licenses of the board.
(1) The renewal fee for licensure shall be $300;
(2) The late renewal fee, including penalty, for renewal of licensure during the three (3) month grace period shall be $400;
(3) The reinstatement fee for reinstatement and renewal of licensure after the expiration of the three (3) month grace period and before the expiration of one (1) year after the renewal date, including penalty, shall be $500.
Section 3. Continuing Education. (1) Each license holder of the board, before his or her license renewal date, shall obtain twenty (20) clock or credit hours of continuing education completed since the date of the last renewal of the license or the date of the original issuance of the license, whichever is later. Continuing education shall be obtained from any of the following providers or for any of the following activities approved by the board:
(a) Individual or group supervision of other license holders of this board at the supervisory level;
(b) Attendance at any educational conferences, continuing education seminars, or educational meetings where seminars are provided in a live or two (2) way video, presentation format and which regard mental health and which are approved for continuing education by:
1. The American Association of Pastoral Counselors;
2. The Kentucky Board of Licensure for Marriage and Family Therapists;
3. The Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure;
4. The Kentucky Board of Examiners of Psychology;
5. The Kentucky Board of Certification for Alcohol and Drug Counselors;
6. The Kentucky Board of Certification for Professional Art Therapists;
7. The Kentucky Board of Certification for Professional Counselors;
8. The Kentucky Board of Social Work;
9. The Kentucky Board of Nursing; or
10. A mental health credentialing agency or board of any other state in the United States for which continuing education credit is awarded in that state;
(c) Writing and publishing professionally-related articles in mental health publications regarding pastoral counseling which shall not be counted for more than five (5) hours.
(2) If audited by the board, the license holder shall within ten (10) days submit written proof of compliance with Section 3 of this administrative regulation to the board.
Section 4. Expired Licenses. (1) No person holding a license shall represent himself or herself as a licensed pastoral counselor in this state after the renewal date of his or her license unless:
(a) That license has been renewed as provided by this administrative regulation;
(b) The license holder has retained proof of continuing education as set forth by Section 3 of this administrative regulation; and
(c) The prescribed fee has been paid as set forth by Section 1 of this administrative regulation.
(2) All licenses not renewed within three (3) months after the renewal date shall be deemed expired for nonrenewal.
Section 5. Duplicate License Fees. The fee for a duplicate certificate shall be twenty-five (25) dollars.
Section 6. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Renewal Application" (August 2001, edition), Kentucky Board of Licensure for Pastoral Counselors, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Board of Licensure for Pastoral Counselors, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (28 Ky.R. 1013; Am. 1362; eff. 12-19-2001; TAm eff. 7-17-2014.)