201 KAR 38:070. Renewal of licenses and continuing education.
RELATES TO: KRS 210.366, 335.625, 335.640, 335.650
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 210.366, 335.615(6), 335.625
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 335.615(6) requires the board to promulgate administrative regulations to implement the purposes of KRS 335.600 to 335.699. KRS 335.625(1) requires the board to establish the renewal fee in an administrative regulation. KRS 210.366 requires a board licensee to complete a minimum of six (6) hours of continuing education in suicide assessment, treatment, and management at least once every six (6) years. This administrative regulation establishes all fees charged by the board necessary for renewal of licenses and establishes all required continuing education necessary for renewal of licenses.
Section 1. Renewal. Each license holder of the board shall renew his or her license as required by KRS 335.625 on or before a date that is three (3) years from the date of his or her original license or last renewal by submitting to the board a completed Renewal Application.
Section 2. Renewal Fees and Penalties. The following fees shall be paid in connection with all renewals of licenses of the board. (1) The renewal fee for licensure shall be $300.
(2) The late renewal fee, including penalty, for renewal of licensure during the three (3) month grace period shall be $400.
(3) The reinstatement fee for reinstatement and renewal of licensure after the expiration of the three (3) month grace period and before the expiration of one (1) year after the renewal date, including penalty, shall be $500.
Section 3. Continuing Education. (1) Each license holder of the board, before his or her license renewal date, shall obtain twenty (20) clock or credit hours of continuing education completed since the date of the last renewal of the license or the date of the original issuance of the license, whichever is later. Continuing education shall be obtained from any of the following providers or for any of the following activities approved by the board:
(a) Individual or group supervision of other license holders of this board at the supervisory level;
(b) Attendance at any educational conferences, continuing education seminars, or educational meetings where seminars are provided in a live or two (2) way video, presentation format and which regard mental health and which are approved for continuing education by:
1. The American Association of Pastoral Counselors;
2. The Kentucky Board of Licensure of Marriage and Family Therapists;
3. The Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure;
4. The Kentucky Board of Examiners of Psychology;
5. The Kentucky Board of Alcohol and Drug Counselors;
6. The Kentucky Board of Licensure for Professional Art Therapists;
7. The Kentucky Board of Licensed Professional Counselors;
8. The Kentucky Board of Social Work;
9. The Kentucky Board of Nursing; or
10. A mental health credentialing agency or board of any other state in the United States for which continuing education credit is awarded in that state;
(c) Writing and publishing professionally-related articles in mental health publications regarding pastoral counseling which shall not be counted for more than five (5) hours.
(2) A person holding a license shall complete a minimum of six (6) hours of continuing education in suicide assessment, treatment, and management within the first year of licensure and at least once every six (6) years thereafter as required by KRS 210.366. A person holding a license shall be exempt from the requirement to complete a continuing education course in suicide assessment, treatment, and management at least once every six (6) years if, during the six (6) year requirement, the licensee:
(a) Teaches a graduate-level psychology course in suicide assessment, training, and management; or
(b) Teaches a continuing education course in suicide assessment, training, and management at least once during the six (6) year period.
(3) If audited by the board, the license holder shall within ten (10) days submit written proof of compliance with this section to the board.
Section 4. Expired Licenses. (1) No person holding a license shall represent himself or herself as a licensed pastoral counselor in this state after the renewal date of his or her license unless:
(a) That license has been renewed as provided by this administrative regulation;
(b) The license holder has retained proof of continuing education as set forth by Section 3 of this administrative regulation; and
(c) The prescribed fee has been paid as set forth by Section 2 of this administrative regulation.
(2) All licenses not renewed within three (3) months after the renewal date shall be deemed expired for nonrenewal.
Section 5. Duplicate License Fees. The fee for a duplicate certificate shall be twenty-five (25) dollars.
Section 6. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Renewal Application", August 2001, edition, Kentucky Board of Licensure for Pastoral Counselors, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Board of Licensure for Pastoral Counselors, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (28 Ky.R. 1013; Am. 1362; eff. 12-19-2001; TAm eff. 7-17-2014; 42 Ky.R. 1916; 2327; eff. Eff. 3-4-2016.)