201 KAR 38:070. Renewal of certificates and continuing education.
RELATES TO: KRS 335.625
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 335.615(6), 335.625
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: This administrative regulation is necessitated by KRS 335.625(1) and (2) and sets forth in detail all fees charged by the board necessary for renewal of certificates and sets forth in detail all required continuing education necessary for renewal of certificates.
Section 1. Renewal. Each credential holder of the board shall renew his or her certificate on or before a date that is three (3) years from the date of his or her original certification or last renewal on a form prescribed by the board, "Renewal Application" (August 2001, edition).
Section 2. Renewal Fees and Penalties. The following fees shall be paid in connection with all renewals of certificates of the board.
(1) The renewal fee for certification shall be $300;
(2) The late renewal fee, including penalty, for renewal during of certification during the three (3) month grace period shall be $400;
(3) The reinstatement fee for reinstatement and renewal of certification after the expiration of the three (3) month grace period and before the expiration of one (1) year after the renewal date, including penalty, shall be $500.
Section 3. Continuing Education. (1) Each credential holder of the board, before his or her certificate renewal date, shall obtain twenty (20) clock or credit hours of continuing education completed since the date of the last renewal of the certificate or the date of the original issuance of the certificate, whichever is later. Continuing education shall be obtained from any of the following providers or for any of the following activities approved by the board:
(a) Individual or group supervision of other credential holders of this board at the supervisory level;
(b) Attendance at any educational conferences, continuing education seminars, or educational meetings where seminars are provided in a live or two (2) way video, presentation format and which regard mental health and which are approved for continuing education by:
1. The American Association of Pastoral Counselors;
2. The Kentucky Board of Licensure for Marriage and Family Therapists;
3. The Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure;
4. The Kentucky Board of Examiners of Psychology;
5. The Kentucky Board of Certification for Alcohol and Drug Counselors;
6. The Kentucky Board of Certification for Professional Art Therapists;
7. The Kentucky Board of Certification for Professional Counselors;
8. The Kentucky Board of Social Work;
9. The Kentucky Board of Nursing; or
10. A mental health credentialing agency or board of any other state in the United States for which continuing education credit is awarded in that state;
(c) Writing and publishing professionally-related articles in mental health publications regarding pastoral counseling which shall not be counted for more than five (5) hours.
(2) If audited by the board, the credential holder shall within ten (10) days submit written proof of compliance with Section 3 of this administrative regulation to the board.
Section 4. Expired Certificates. (1) No person holding a certificate shall represent himself or herself as a fee-based pastoral counselor in this state after the renewal date of his or her certificate unless:
(a) That certificate has been renewed as provided by this administrative regulation;
(b) The certificate holder has retained proof of continuing education as set forth by Section 3 of this administrative regulation; and
(c) The prescribed fee has been paid as set forth by Section 1 of this administrative regulation.
(2) All certificates not renewed within three (3) months after the renewal date shall be deemed expired for nonrenewal.
Section 5. Duplicate Certificate Fees. The fee for a duplicate certificate shall be twenty-five (25) dollars.
Section 6. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Renewal Application" (August 2001, edition), Kentucky Board of Certification for Fee-Based Pastoral Counselors, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Board of Certification for Fee-Based Pastoral Counselors, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (28 Ky.R. 1013; Am. 1362; eff. 12-19-2001.)