201 KAR 38:020. Application.
RELATES TO: KRS 335.620
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 335.615(1)-(4), (6), 335.620
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 335.615 requires the Board of Licensure for Pastoral Counselors to promulgate administrative regulations establishing requirements for licensure. KRS 335.620 requires the board to promulgate administrative regulations establishing an initial fee for licensure and requirements for a written examination. This administrative regulation establishes the application process for certification.
Section 1. An applicant for licensure shall:
(1) Meet the requirements of KRS 335.620;
(2) Pay by check or money order an initial licensure fee as established by 201 KAR 38:040, Fees, made payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer;
(3)(a) Pass the written examination titled "Kentucky Pastoral Counselors Examination" administered and verified by the Kentucky Board of Licensure for Pastoral Counselors, which may include the topics set forth in 201 KAR 38:030, Section 3(1) through (4); and
(b) Submit documentation of a passing score to the board;
(4) File a completed, signed, and dated Application for Licensure as a Licensed Pastoral Counselor, or"Application-2", with the board containing:
(c) Home phone;
(d) Work address;
(e) Work phone;
(f) Date of birth;
(g) Social security number;
(i) Misconduct in other positions;
(j) Credentials by other states;
(k) Membership in professional organizations;
(n) Clinical supervision that shall be equally distributed throughout the qualifying period and verification that meets the following requirements:
1. At least 120 hours of the 250 hours of clinical supervision that is required by KRS 335.620(1)(e)2. shall be individual supervision by an approved supervisor; and
2. An approved supervisor shall be an individual who:
a. Holds a diplomate level of certification from the American Association of Pastoral Counselors or its regional affiliates;
b. Holds a fellow level of certification from the American Association of Pastoral Counselors or its regional affiliates and is also under supervision by a diplomate;
c. Is licensed as a licensed pastoral counselor in Kentucky with a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the practice of pastoral counseling; or
d. Holds licensure or certification, with at least five (5) years of clinical experience and two (2) years of supervisory experience, in one (1) of the following mental health professions:
(iii) Social work;
(iv) Professional counseling; or
(v) Marriage and family therapy;
(o) Endorsement by a denomination or faith group; and
(p) Signed affidavit.
Section 2. Incorporation by Reference. (1) Form "Application-2", June, 1999 edition, Board of Licensure of Licensed Pastoral Counselors, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Board of Licensure for Pastoral Counselors, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (26 Ky.R. 283; Am. 587; eff. 9-15-1999; 29 Ky.R. 1870; eff. 3-19-2003; TAm eff. 7-17-2014; 43 Ky.R, 1254, 1547; eff. 3-31-2017.)