201 KAR 38:020. Application.
RELATES TO: KRS 335.620
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 335.615(1)-(4), (6), 335.620
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 335.615(1) requires the board to approve or deny applications for certification of a fee-based pastoral counselor. KRS 335.620 establishes application requirements for a fee-based pastoral counselor. This administrative regulation establishes the application process for certification.
Section 1. An applicant for certification shall:
(1) Meet the requirements of KRS 335.620;
(2) Pay by check or money order an initial certification fee as established by 201 KAR 38:040, Fees, made payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer;
(3) Pass the written examination titled "Kentucky Pastoral Counselors Examination" administered and verified by the Kentucky Board of Certification of Fee-Based Pastoral Counselors, which may include the topics set forth in 201 KAR 38:030, Section 3(1) through (4) and submit documentation of a passing score to the Board.
(4) File a completed, signed, and dated Application for Certification as a Fee-Based Pastoral Counselor with the board containing;
(c) Home phone;
(d) Work address;
(e) Work phone;
(f) Date of birth;
(g) Criminal convictions;
(h) Misconduct in other positions;
(i) Credentials by other states;
(j) Membership in professional organizations;
(m) Clinical supervision that shall be equally distributed throughout the qualifying period and verification that meets the following requirements:
1. At least 120 hours shall be individual supervision by an approved supervisor; and
2. An approved supervisor shall be an individual who:
a. Holds a diplomate level of certification from the American Association of Pastoral Counselors;
b. Holds a fellow level of certification from the American Association of Pastoral Counselors and is also under supervision by a diplomat;
c. Is certified as a fee-based pastoral counselor in Kentucky with a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the practice of pastoral counseling; or
d. Holds licensure or certification in one (1) of the mental health professions of psychiatry, psychology, social work, or family therapy with at least five (5) years of clinical experience and two (2) years of supervisory experience;
(n) Endorsement by a denomination or faith group; and
Section 2. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The following material is incorporated by reference:
(a) Form "Application-2" (June, 1999 edition) Board of Certification of Fee-Based Pastoral Counselors.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained at the Board of Certification of Fee-Based Pastoral Counselors, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (26 Ky.R. 283; Am. 587; eff. 9-15-99; 29 Ky.R. 1870; eff. 3-19-03.)