201 KAR 35:020. Fees.
RELATES TO: KRS 309.084, 309.085(1)(a)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 309.0813(1), (4), (5), (12), 309.085(2)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 309.0813(4) requires the board to promulgate an administrative regulation governing the administration and grading of the written and oral examinations which applicants for certification shall be required to successfully complete. KRS 309.0813(12) requires the board to promulgate an administrative regulation establishing an initial certification fee and renewal fee. This administrative regulation establishes those fees.
Section 1. Application Fee. (1) The application fee for board review of the Application for Certification as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor shall be fifty (50) dollars.
(2) The application fee shall be nonrefundable.
(3) An Application for Certification as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor shall lapse and the fee shall be forfeited if the application packet is not completed within one (1) year from the date it is filed with the board office.
(4)(a) If an approved applicant does not successfully complete the examinations required by the board for certification within two (2) years from the date the original application form is filed with the board, the applicant shall update and refile the Application for Certification as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor prior to sitting for the examination again.
(b) The fee for refiling the Application form shall be twenty (20) dollars.
Section 2. Examination Fees. The following fees shall be paid in connection with the examinations required by the board through December 31, 2008;
(1) The fee for the written examination shall be $100.
(2)(a) The fee for the oral examination shall be $125.
(b) In the event the oral examination is rescheduled at the request of the applicant, a twenty-five (25) dollar fee shall be paid prior to rescheduling of the examination.
(3) The fee for retaking either portion of the examination shall be the same fee established in subsections (1) and (2) of this section, and shall accompany the Application for Re-examination.
(4) Applicants shall have the option to sit for the comprehensive examination offered by the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium by paying the fees established in Section 3 of this administrative regulation.
Section 3. Comprehensive Examination Fee. (1) Effective January 1, 2009, applicants for certification shall take the comprehensive examination offered by the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium and shall pay a fee of $150.
(2) The fee for retaking the comprehensive examination shall be $150.
Section 4. Initial Certification Fee. (1) The initial certification fee shall be $200 for an applicant for certification.
(2) If the applicant successfully completes all requirements for certification, this fee shall cover certification for the initial three (3) year period.
Section 5. Renewal Fees and Penalties. (1)(a) A certificate not renewed within ninety (90) days after the holder's renewal date shall be deemed cancelled in accordance with KRS 309.085(2).
(b) A person holding a cancelled certificate shall not use the title "certified alcohol and drug counselor: or hold himself out as a certified alcohol and drug counselor.
(2) The following fees and penalties shall be paid in connection with certification renewals:
(a) The renewal fee for certification shall be $200 for a three (3) year period, and shall accompany the Renewal Application.
(b) The late renewal fee, including penalty, for the ninety (90) day grace period, shall be $250, for certification for a three (3) year period.
Section 6. Reinstatement of a Canceled Certificate. (1) A canceled certificate may be reinstated within one (1) year of the anniversary date of issue of renewal by:
(a) Submitting a completed "Reinstatement Application"; and
(b) Payment of a $300 reinstatement fee, for certification for a three (3) year period.
(2) The applicant for reinstatement of a canceled certificate shall submit proof of completion of twenty (20) hours of continuing education for each year since the date of last active certification.
Section 7. Duplicate Certificate and ID Card Fees. (1) The fee for a duplicate certificate shall be twenty (20) dollars.
(2) The fee for a duplicate ID card shall be ten (10) dollars.
Section 8. Inactive Status Fee. (1) The enrollment fee for voluntarily placing a certificate in inactive status in accordance with 201 KAR 35:080 shall be fifty (50) dollars.
(2) The annual renewal fee for certificates enrolled in inactive status shall be twenty-five (25) dollars.
(3) The fee for reactivation is $200 for a three (3) year period commencing on the date the Board approves the application for reactivation.
Section 9. Continuing Education Fees. (1) For purposes of this administrative regulation a continuing education sponsor shall be defined as an individual or entity that provides a program of continuing education to certificate holders which has been reviewed and approved by the board to meet the continuing education requirements set forth in 201 KAR 35:040.
(2) Approvals may consist of a single workshop or a program of courses and shall be effective for one (1) year from the date of approval.
(3) The fee for approval of an application for a single program provider shall be fifty (50) dollars.
(4) The fee for approval of an application for a continuing education sponsor providing a program of courses shall be $250.
(5) Continuing education sponsors who have received approval for their program of courses may apply for renewal of the approval in accordance with 201 KAR 35:040 and shall pay an annual renewal fee of $150.
(6)(a) The fee for review of an application for a substantial change in curriculum of an approved program shall be fifty (50) dollars.
(b) A substantial change shall be considered as the addition of a workshop or course to a pre-approved program, or changes to the content of a pre-approved workshop or program which is in excess of twenty (20) percent.
Section 10. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The following material is incorporated by reference:
(a) "Application for Certification as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor" (2008);
(b) "Application for Re-Examination", 2008;
(c) "Renewal Application", 2008;
(d) "Reinstatement Application", 200); and
(e) "Continuing Education Sponsor Application", 2008.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Board of Certification of Alcohol and Drug Counselors, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky, telephone (502) 564-3296, ext. 222, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (23 Ky.R. 3456; Am. 3752; eff. 4-16-97; 27 Ky.R. 2556; eff. 6-8-2001; 35 Ky.R. 318; 783; eff. 10-15-08.)