201 KAR 33:020. Renewals.
RELATES TO: KRS 310.041
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 310.041, 310.050
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 310.050(1) requires the board to promulgate administrative regulations establishing procedures for annual renewal of licenses. This administrative regulation establishes procedures for annual renewal of licenses.
Section 1. Regular Renewal. (1) A licensed dietitian or certified nutritionist shall annually, before November 1, pay to the board the renewal fee established by 201 KAR 33:010, Section 2, for the renewal of the license or certificate.
(2) If a license or certificate is not renewed before November 1 of each year, it shall expire.
(3) Compliance with continuing education requirements shall be documented as provided by 201 KAR 33:030.
Section 2. Late Renewal and the Grace Period. (1) A sixty (60) day grace period shall be allowed beginning November 1, during which a licensee or certificate holder may renew his or her license or certificate upon payment of the renewal fee plus the late renewal fee established by 201 KAR 33:010, Section 2.
(2)(a) A licensee or certificate holder may continue to practice during the sixty (60) day grace period;
(b) Upon request of the employer, a licensee or certificate holder practicing in accordance with paragraph (a) of this subsection shall present evidence of a valid pre-existing license or certificate.
(3) A person requesting renewal of a certification during the sixty (60) day grace period shall comply with the continuing education requirements as required by KRS 310.050(3) and as specified by 201 KAR 33:030.
Section 3. Automatic Revocation. Upon revocation, a licensee or certificate holder shall no longer be eligible to practice in the Commonwealth:
Section 4. Licensure and Certification Reinstatement. After the sixty (60) day grace period, a license or certificate, which has been automatically revoked due to failure to renew, shall be reinstated if the licensee or certificate holder has:
(1) Paid the renewal fee plus a reinstatement fee as set forth by 201 KAR 33:010; and
(2) Documented that he or she has complied with the continuing education requirements established by 201 KAR 33:030.
Section 5. Address. (1) A licensee shall submit a current address to the board office by letter within thirty (30) days of an address change.
(2) The letter shall include the licensees name, new address, phone number, and license number. (22 Ky.R. 999; Am. 1304; eff. 1-8-1996; 34 Ky.R. 2211; 2529; eff. 7-7-2008; 35 Ky.R. 1869; 2006; eff. 3-11-2009; 35 Ky.R. 1310; 1907; eff. 3-5-2010.)