RELATES TO: KRS 335.320, 335.332(1)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 335.320(9), 335.330
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 335.330 requires an applicant to pass a written examination prescribed by the board. This administrative regulation establishes the process for taking the examination.
Section 1. Examination for Licensure. (1) An applicant for licensure shall submit to a written examination in accordance with subsections (2) and (3) of this section.
(2) An applicant shall submit a completed Application for Permit as a Marriage and Family Therapist Associate.
(3) The applicant shall be required to pass the national exam offered through the Association of Marriage and Family Therapy Regulatory Board.
(4) If an applicant for licensure fails the objective examination, the candidate shall, with payment of the required fee established in 201 KAR 32:030, be permitted to retake the examination.
(5) The candidate may continue to function as a marriage and family therapist associate under the supervision of the board-approved supervisor until:
(a) The examination is successfully completed;
(b) The supervisory contract is terminated; or
(c) The candidate ceases to practice as a marriage and family therapist associate and notifies the board in writing.
(6) Any request for deferment of the examination shall be made by the applicant directly to the testing agency, who shall have full discretion to grant or deny the request.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Division of Occupations and Professions, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (26 Ky.R. 279; Am. 726; eff. 10-20-99; 38 Ky.R. 1374; 1556; eff. 3-21-2012; 42 Ky.R. 840; 1555; 1722; eff. 12-16-2015.)