RELATES TO: KRS 335.320, 335.332(1)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 335.320(9), 335.330
NECESSITY, CONFORMITY, AND FUNCTION: KRS 335.330 requires an applicant to pass a written examination prescribed by the board. This administrative regulation establishes the process for taking the examination.
Section 1. Examination for Licensure. (1) An applicant for licensure shall submit to a written examination in accordance with subsections (2) and (3)of this section.
(2) An applicant shall submit a complete "Application for Licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist." Once the application is approved by the Board, the applicant’s name shall be sent to the testing agency. The applicant shall then contact the testing agency to schedule the examination.
(3) The board shall contract with a testing agency that tests on the requirements in KRS 335.330(1) and (2) and 335.340(2). The test shall be administered to an applicant upon completion of the requirements of KRS 335.330(1) and (2) and 335.340(2). Upon receipt of the test results from the testing agency, the Board shall notify the applicant of the applicant’s results.
(4) If an applicant for licensure fails the objective examination, the candidate shall, with payment of the required fee, be rescheduled to take the examination at its next regularly scheduled date.
(5) The candidate may continue to function as a marriage and family therapist associate under the supervision of the board-approved supervisor until:
(a) The examination is successfully completed;
(b) The supervisory contract is terminated; or
(c) The candidate ceases to practice as a marriage and family therapist associate and notifies the board in writing.
(6) Any request for deferment of the examination shall be made by the applicant directly to the testing agency, who shall have full discretion to grant or deny the request.
Section 3. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Application for Licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist", 10/2011 Edition, Board of Marriage and Family Therapists, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained at the Division of Occupations and Professions, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (26 Ky.R. 279; Am. 726; eff. 10-20-99; 38 Ky.R. 1374; 1556; eff. 3-21-2012.)