RELATES TO: KRS 335.332
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 335.320(9), 335.332(3)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 335.332(3) requires the board to promulgate administrative regulations establishing the fees and other requirements for a marriage and family therapist associate permit. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements for marriage and family therapist associates.
Section 1. Marriage and Family Therapist Associate Application and Renewal. (1)(a) A person desiring to be a marriage and family therapist associate shall apply for and submit to the board an Application for Permit as a Marriage and Family Therapist Associate with a fee of fifty (50) dollars for the first year.
(b) The initial application shall include a copy of a supervisory contract or contracts with the designated supervisor or supervisors for approval by the board.
(2)(a) An annual renewal fee of fifty (50) dollars for each subsequent year shall be submitted to the board.
(b) Contract renewal and extension shall be granted in accordance with Section 4 of this administrative regulation.
(c) Notwithstanding previous associate experience, effective January 1, 2016, all current and future associate permits shall be limited to a total of five (5) years as a marriage and family therapist associate to meet the requirements for licensure as a marriage and family therapist.
(3) An associate desiring to renew a permit shall file a completed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate Permit Renewal Application and the completed supervision log or logs to accompany the fee established in subsection (2) of this section.
(4) An associate who fails to renew by his or her expiration date shall have thirty (30) days to pay the renewal fee of fifty (50) dollars plus a late fee of twenty (20) dollars for a total of seventy (70) dollars.
(a) The fee shall be postmarked on or before the end of the thirty (30) day grace period in accordance with the expiration date indicated on the renewal form.
(b) Failure to renew the permit in a timely manner as established in this subsection shall result in termination of the permit.
Section 2. Supervisory Contract. (1) Prior to beginning a course of supervision for the purpose of meeting licensure requirements, a marriage and family therapist associate shall contract with an approved supervisor in writing.
(2) The approved supervisor shall enter into a Supervision Plan for Clinical Experience with a person who meets the criteria for becoming a marriage and family therapist associate.
(3) The approved supervisor shall be responsible for the marriage and family therapist associate’s development and the welfare of the clients served by the marriage and family therapist associate in accordance with the code of ethics established in 201 KAR 32:050 and the provisions in 201 KAR 32:035.
(4) If a new supervisory contract is entered into with a different supervisor, approval shall be obtained from the board.
(5)(a) If a supervision contract is terminated, the approved supervisor shall, within thirty (30) days, notify the board in writing that he or she is no longer the supervisor.
(b) The marriage and family therapist associate has thirty (30) days from the date of termination to submit the new supervisory contract to the board.
Section 3. Contract Information. The supervisory contract between the marriage and family therapist associate and the approved supervisor shall contain:
(1) The name of the marriage and family therapist associate;
(2) The name and license number of the approved supervisor;
(3) The name and license number of any other approved supervisors;
(4) The agency, institution, or organization where the experience will be received;
(5) A detailed description of the nature of the practice including the type of:
(a) Clients to be seen;
(b) Therapies and treatment modalities that shall be used including the prospective length of treatment; and
(c) Problems or conditions that shall be treated;
(6) The nature, duration, and frequency of the supervision, including the:
(a) Number of hours of supervision per week;
(b) Amount of group and individual supervision; and
(c) Methodology for transmission of case information;
(7) The conditions or procedures for termination of the supervision; and
(8) A statement that:
(a) The approved supervisor understands that he or she shall be accountable to the board for the care given to the marriage and family therapist associate’s clients; and
(b) The approved supervisor and other supervisors meet the criteria established in 201 KAR Chapter 32.
Section 4. Contract Renewal and Extension. (1) Upon approval of the board, a supervisory contract shall be issued for a term of one (1) year.
(2) Upon associate permit renewal, the supervisory contract shall be reaffirmed by written correspondence from the applicant and the approved supervisor or a new supervisory contract shall be supplied by the applicant.
Section 5. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The following material is incorporated by reference:
(a) "Application for Permit as a Marriage and Family Therapist Associate", 8/2015;
(b) "Supervision Plan for Clinical Experience", 6/2015;
(c) "Marriage and Family Therapist Associate Permit Renewal", 6/2015; and
(d) "Supervisory Log", Form 6/2015.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Division of Occupations and Professions, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (26 Ky.R. 500; Am. 724; eff. 10-20-1999; 30 Ky.R. 979; 1764; eff. 1-23-2004; 31 Ky.R. 146; eff. 9-14-2004; 35 Ky.R. 1866; 2414; eff. 7-31-2009; 38 Ky.R. 1370; 1554; eff. 3-21-2012; 42 Ky.R. 835; 1551; 1719; eff. 12-16-2015.)