RELATES TO: KRS 335.330
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 335.320
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 335.320(9) requires the board to promulgate administrative regulations to implement the purpose and scope of KRS 335.300 to 335.399. This administrative regulation establishes definitions for 201 KAR Chapter 32.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Academic courses offered by an accredited postsecondary institution" means a marriage and family therapy course, designated by a marriage and family therapy course title or content, beyond the undergraduate level.
(2) "Approved" means recognized by the Kentucky Board of Licensure of Marriage and Family Therapists.
(3) "Approved supervisor" means an individual who:
(a) Holds a designation as an approved supervisor or supervisor in training granted by the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy; or
(b) Is licensed as a marriage and family therapist in the Commonwealth of Kentucky with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the practice of marriage and family therapy, eighteen (18) months of which shall be as a therapist licensed in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
(4) "Clinical supervision" means the direct, face-to-face interaction between the supervisor and supervisee which utilizes a partnership aimed at enhancing the professional development of supervisees in providing marriage and family therapy services.
(5) "Continuing education hour" means fifty (50) clock minutes of participating in continuing educational experiences.
(6) "Equivalent course of study" means a master's or doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution in a mental health field closely related to marriage and family therapy which either contains, or has been supplemented by, the coursework in each of the basic core areas listed in 201 KAR 32:020, Section 2(2).
(7) "Program" means an organized learning experience planned and evaluated to meet behavioral objectives; programs may be presented in one (1) session or in a series.
(8) "Provider" means an organization approved by the Kentucky Board of Licensure for Marriage and Family Therapists for providing continuing education programs.
(9) "Raw data" means video recorded sessions, live observation, or co-therapy with a board approved supervisor.
(10) "Relevant" means having content applicable to the practice of marriage and family therapy as determined by the board.
(11) "Successful completion" means that the licensee has satisfactorily met the specific requirements of the program and the licensee has earned the continuing education hours.
(12) "Two (2) years experience in the practice of marriage and family therapy" means a minimum of two (2) years of the practice of marriage and family therapy consisting of 1,000 hours of direct, face-to-face contact with individuals, couples, and families in the practice of marriage and family therapy under the supervision of an approved supervisor. (22 Ky.R. 419; Am. 903; eff. 10-19-95; 26 Ky.R. 109; 722; eff. 10-20-99; 30 Ky.R. 978; 1764; eff. 1-23-2004; 38 Ky.R. 1366; 1552; eff. 3-21-2012.)