RELATES TO: KRS 322A.010(6), 322A.045(2), 322A.070(5)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 322A.030(5), 322A.045(2)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 322A.070(5) authorizes the board to issue a certificate as a geologist-in-training to a person who pays the required fee and who, in the opinion of the board, meets the requirements established in KRS 322A.045. KRS 322A.010(6) authorizes the board to set the academic qualifications and establishes the examination and passing score required for certification as a geologist-in-training. KRS 322A.070(5) indicates that a person who is issued a certificate as a geologist-in-training is entitled to certain rights and privileges while credentialed. KRS 322A.030(5) authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations necessary to the conduct of its responsibilities and duties. This administrative regulation establishes the examination, and the required passing score for certification, and establishes the rights and privileges relative to the practice of a geologist-in-training.
Section 1. Examination and Passing Score. (1) The examination required by KRS 322A.045(2) shall be the Fundamentals of Geology (FG), developed and owned by the National Association of State Boards of Geology (ASBOGÒ).
(2) The passing score on the examination shall be seventy (70) percent.
Section 2. Rights and Privileges. A geologist-in-training shall:
(1) Prepare geologic reports, documents, or conduct any geological work only while under the direct supervision of a registered professional geologist;
(2) Clearly identify himself or herself on any geologic reports or documents and to the public as a "geologist-in-training";
(3) Limit his or her professional geologic work to the specific services for which he or she is competent based on professional, training, education, and experience; and
(4) Not provide supervision for a registered professional geologist or another geologist-in-training.
Section 3. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Application for Certification as a Geologist-in-Training", July 10, 2013 edition, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Board of Registration for Professional Geologists, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, (502) 564-3296, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (32 Ky.R. 1012; 1224; eff. 2-3-2006; 39 Ky.R. 2391; 40 Ky.R. 540; eff. 10-4-2013.)