201 KAR 31:030. Temporary permission to practice.
RELATES TO: KRS 322A.030(3), (4)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 322A.030(5)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: This administrative regulation establishes the requirements for the granting of temporary permission to engage in the public practice of geology.
Section 1. (1) A temporary permit to engage in the public practice of geology may be granted to an applicant who has completed all of the requirements for registration except the examination and has applied for registration under the provisions of this chapter.
(2) The temporary permit shall allow the applicant to engage in the public practice of geology under the supervision of a person credentialed by the board as a registered geologist.
(3) The request for a temporary permit shall be accompanied by a letter from the supervising registered geologist acknowledging the responsibility for supervision and for the practice of the person holding the temporary permit.
(4) No registered geologist may serve as the supervisor of record for more than two (2) persons holding a temporary permit at any one (1) time.
(5) Supervision during the period of temporary permission to practice shall be a minimum of one (1) hour of individual, face-to-face supervision per week.
(6) The temporary permit shall be valid until the applicant for registration is issued or denied registration under the provisions of KRS Chapter 322A, but in no instance shall the temporary permit extend for more than sixty (60) days following the second examination offered after the applicant has applied for registration.
(7) No more than one (1) temporary permit shall be granted for any applicant for registration. (20 Ky.R. 3345; eff. 8-4-94.)