201 KAR 28:210. Inactive status.
RELATES TO: KRS 319A.160(10)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 319A.070(3), 319A.160(10)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 319A.070(3) requires the board to promulgate regulations for the licensure of the profession of occupational therapy. KRS 319A.160(10) provides for inactive status and prohibits the practice of occupational therapy while on inactive status. This regulation sets forth the requirements for inactive licenses.
Section 1. Requesting Inactive Status. (1) A licensee who seeks inactive status shall submit a completed “Annual Renewal Application,” incorporated by reference in 201 KAR 28:090, to the board. The application shall request inactive status.
(2) The OT/L or OTA/L shall be placed in inactive status on the date on which the renewal application is received by the board.
(3) An inactive license shall be renewed annually to maintain inactive status. Inactive status shall not exceed a period of three (3) years from the initial date.
(4) The OT/L or OTA/L shall pay the renewal fee required by 201 KAR 28:110, Section 2(4).
(5) During inactive status, an OT/L or an OTA/L shall not be required to meet the continuing competence requirements of 201 KAR 228:110.
(6) To reactivate an inactive license to active status, an OT/L or OTA/L shall:
(a) Submit written notification to the board of his or her intent to return to active status;
(b) Include information identifying his or her proposed place of employment;
(c) Pay the reinstatement fee required by 201 KAR 28:110, Section 2(5); and
(d) Demonstrate completion of continued competence requirements under 201 KAR 28:200, Section 2(3).
(7)(a) An inactive license that is not reactivated within three (3) years shall expire.
(b) An OT/L or OTA/L whose license has expired under this subparagraph shall apply to the board for licensure in accordance with 201 KAR 28:060. (31 Ky.R. 511; Am. 703 eff. 10-19-2004.)