201 KAR 28:180. Temporary permits.
RELATES TO: KRS 319A.100
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 319A.070
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 319A.100 authorizes the board to issue a temporary permit to certain applicants for licensure. This administrative regulation sets forth the requirements for obtaining and practicing under a temporary permit.
Section 1. The applicant for a temporary permit shall submit the following items to the board for temporary permit consideration:
(1) A completed application form for licensure as an occupational therapist as defined in 201 KAR 28:060 or submit a completed application form for licensure as an occupational therapy assistant as required by 201 KAR 28:060;
(2) An official verification of the completion of educational requirements and fieldwork requirements from an educational program accredited by ACOTE or its equivalent;
(3) A completed Supervision Temporary Permit Form from a licensed occupational therapist who is currently in good standing with the board, indicating that the licensed occupational therapist shall assume responsibility for the supervision of the temporary permit applicant in accordance with the requirements of 201 KAR 28:130, Section 2;
(4) An official NBCOT Authorization to Test Form or its equivalent; and
(5) The appropriate fee for licensure as required by 201 KAR 28:110.
Section 2. A temporary permit holder who is working towards becoming licensed as an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant who has been unsuccessful in passing the NBCOT or equivalent certification examination shall notify the board in writing within ten (10) calendar days from receiving notification from NBCOT the he/she has failed to pass the examination on the second attempt.
Section 3. If the examination is available on an ongoing, on-demand basis, a temporary permit shall be valid for up to 180 days from issuance by the board.
Section 4. Upon successful completion of the certification examination, a temporary permit holder shall immediately submit a copy of the NBCOT certification or its equivalent to obtain licensure.
Section 5. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Supervision Temporary Permit Form" is incorporated by reference.
(2) It may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at Kentucky Board of Licensure for Occupational Therapy, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (30 Ky.R. 130; Am. 855; eff. 10-15-2003.)