RELATES TO: KRS 319A.100
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 319A.070(1), (3)(a)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 319A.070(3)(a) authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations and administer the provisions of KRS Chapter 319A. KRS 319A.100 authorizes the board to issue a temporary permit to certain applicants for licensure. This administrative regulation sets forth the requirements for obtaining and practicing under a temporary permit.
Section 1. The applicant for a temporary permit shall submit the following items to the board for temporary permit consideration:
(1) A completed application form for licensure as an occupational therapist as required by 201 KAR 28:060 or submit a completed application form for licensure as an occupational therapy assistant as required by 201 KAR 28:060;
(2) An official verification of the completion of educational requirements and fieldwork requirements from an educational program accredited by ACOTE or its equivalent;
(3) A completed Supervision Temporary Permit Form from a licensed occupational therapist who is currently in good standing with the board, indicating that the licensed occupational therapist shall assume responsibility for the supervision of the temporary permit applicant in accordance with the requirements of 201 KAR 28:130, Section 6;
(4) An official NBCOT Authorization to Test Form or its equivalent and evidence that an official NBCOT Score Transfer Report was requested to be sent to the Kentucky Board of Licensure for Occupational Therapy; and
(5) The appropriate fee for licensure as required by 201 KAR 28:110.
Section 2. A temporary permit holder who is working towards becoming licensed as an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant who has been unsuccessful in passing the NBCOT or equivalent certification examination for a second time shall have the temporary permit revoked by the board.
Section 3. Upon successful completion of the certification examination, a temporary permit holder shall be licensed by the board.
Section 4. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Supervision Temporary Permit Form", February 2015, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at Kentucky Board of Licensure for Occupational Therapy, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (30 Ky.R. 130; Am. 855; eff. 10-15-2003; 41 Ky.R. 1438; 2081; eff. 5-1-2015.)