201 KAR 28:090. Renewals.
RELATES TO: KRS 319A.160
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 319A.070(3), 319A.160(1)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS Chapter 319A.070(3) allows the board to promulgate administrative regulations establishing procedures for annual renewal of licenses. This administrative regulation establishes those procedures.
Section 1. (1) A person licensed as an OT/L or an OTA/L shall annually, before October 31, pay to the board a renewal fee as set forth in 201 KAR 28:110 for the renewal of the license and file an "Annual Renewal Application", incorporated by reference in Section 4. A license not renewed before October 31 of each year shall expire.
(2) A license issued to a person during the last ninety (90) days of a licensure period shall expire at the end of the subsequent licensure period.
Section 2. A sixty (60) day grace period shall be allowed beginning October 31, during which time an individual may renew his or her license upon payment of the late renewal fee as set forth in 201 KAR 28:110. A license not renewed before December 31 shall terminate based on the failure of the individual to renew in a timely manner. Upon termination, the licensee shall no longer be eligible to practice occupational therapy in the Commonwealth and shall be sent notice at the last known address available to the board of termination, and to cease and desist practice.
Section 3. After the sixty (60) day grace period, an individual with a terminated license shall have the license reinstated upon:
(1) Payment of the late renewal fee plus a reinstatement fee as set forth by 201 KAR 28:110;
(2) Documentation of employment from the time of termination until the present;
(3) Documentation that licensure, certification, or registration in other states is in good standing; and
(4) Documentation of current or initial certification by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy or its equivalent.
Section 4. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Annual Renewal Application", 8/06 ed., is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at Kentucky Board of Licensure for Occupational Therapy, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40602, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (13 Ky.R. 1185; eff. 1-13-87; Am. 14 Ky.R. 233; eff. 9-10-87; 31 Ky.R. 397; 703; eff. 10-19-04; 33 Ky.R. 1110; eff. 12-11-06; 35 Ky.R. 991; eff. 2-6-2009.)