RELATES TO: KRS 319A.160
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 319A.070(1), (3)(a), (d), 319A.160(1)
FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS
Section 1. (1) A person licensed as an OT/L or an OTA/L shall annually, before October 31, pay to the board a renewal fee as set forth in 201 KAR 28:110 for the renewal of the license and file an Annual OT/OTA Renewal Application. A license not renewed before October 31 of each year shall expire.
(2) A license issued to a person during the last ninety (90) days of a licensure period shall expire at the end of the subsequent licensure period.
Section 2. A sixty (60) day grace period shall be allowed beginning October 31, during which time an individual may renew his or her license upon payment of the late renewal fee as set forth in 201 KAR 28:110. A license not renewed before December 31 shall terminate based on the failure of the individual to renew in a timely manner. Upon termination, the licensee shall no longer be eligible to practice occupational therapy in the Commonwealth and shall be sent notice at the last known address available to the board of termination, and to cease and desist practice.
Section 3. After the sixty (60) day grace period, an individual with a terminated license shall have the license reinstated upon:
(1) Payment of the late renewal fee plus a reinstatement fee as set forth by 201 KAR 28:110;
(2) Completion of the Reinstatement Application for Licensure as an Occupational Therapist or Reinstatement Application for Licensure as an Occupational Therapy Assistant;
(3) Documentation of employment from the time of termination until the present;
(4) Documentation that licensure, certification, or registration in other states is in good standing;
(5) Documentation of current or initial certification by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy or its equivalent;
(6) Completion of the board jurisprudence exam; and
(7) Proof of completion of continuing education as required on the Reinstatement Application for Licensure as an Occupational Therapist or Reinstatement Application for Licensure as an Occupational Therapy Assistant.
Section 4. Steps to renew an OT/L or OTA/L license shall include:
(1) Payment of the renewal fee as set forth by 201 KAR 28:110;
(2) Completion of the Annual OT/OTA Renewal Application, either online or by paper; and
(3) Completion of twelve (12) continuing competence units.
Section 5. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The following material is incorporated by reference:
(a) “Annual OT/OTA Renewal Application”, February 2015;
(b) “Reinstatement Application for Licensure as an Occupational Therapist”, February 2015; and
(c) “Reinstatement Application for Licensure as an Occupational Therapy Assistant”, February 2015.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at Kentucky Board of Licensure for Occupational Therapy, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40602, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (13 Ky.R. 1185; eff. 1-13-1987; Am. 14 Ky.R. 233; eff. 9-10-1987; 31 Ky.R. 397; 703; eff. 10-19-2004; 33 Ky.R. 1110; eff. 12-11-2006; 35 Ky.R. 991; eff. 2-6-2009; 41 Ky.R. 1427; 2076; eff. 5-1-2015.)