201 KAR 27:050. Announcers.
RELATES TO: KRS 229.171(1), 229.190, 229.200, 229.991
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 229.180(1)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 229.171 gives the Kentucky Boxing and Wrestling Authority the sole direction, management, control, and jurisdiction over all professional boxing, sparring, and wrestling matches or exhibitions held in the Commonwealth. KRS 229.180(1) authorizes the authority to promulgate, amend, or abrogate administrative regulations necessary or expedient for the performance of its regulatory functions. This administrative regulation establishes the guidelines that shall be followed by persons acting as announcers.
Section 1. (1) The announcer officiating at any show shall be governed by the law and administrative regulations promulgated by the authority, and he shall be subject to any orders given by the inspector or employee of the authority.
(2) An applicant shall file a completed application and pay the license fee established in 201 KAR 27:008, Sections 2 and 3.
Section 2. The announcer shall have general supervision over all announcements made by the ringside or in the arena. He shall announce from the ring, the name of contestants, their weight, decisions at the end of each match or bout, and any other matters as are necessary. A person other than the official announcer shall not make announcements.
Section 3. If a match or bout is stopped before its scheduled termination, the announcer shall immediately confer with the referee and the inspector or an employee of the authority and then shall immediately announce the decision.
Section 4. The announcer shall not enter the ring during the actual progress of a match or bout.
Section 5. If the inspector has reason to believe that the announcer has committed a violation of KRS Chapter 229 or 201 KAR Chapter 27, the inspector may take one (1) or more of the following actions:
(1) Issuance of a cease and desist order to the announcer;
(2) Issuance of a notice of violation to the announcer; or
(3) Ejection of the announcer from a show.
Section 6. Upon the finding of a violation of KRS Chapter 229 or 201 KAR Chapter 27 by an announcer, the authority may impose one (1) or more of the following penalties:
(1) Reprimand of the announcer pursuant to KRS 229.200; or
(2) Assessment of a fine pursuant to KRS 229.991. (5 Ky.R. 1107; eff. 11-7-79; Am. 20 Ky.R. 1047; 1791; eff. 1-10-94; 32 Ky.R. 1757; 2264; eff. 7-7-2006.)