201 KAR 27:045. Judges.
RELATES TO: KRS 229.081(2), 229.091(1), 229.190, 229.200, 229.991
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 229.081(2), 229.180(1)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 229.180(1) authorizes the authority to promulgate administrative regulations necessary to implement KRS Chapter 229. KRS 229.081(1) provides for the licensing of judges for professional bouts. KRS 229.091(1) provides that every licensee shall be subject to the administrative regulations the authority promulgates. This administrative regulation establishes the rules of conduct and duties of a judge.
Section 1. (1) A judge officiating at any show shall be licensed by the authority and shall be governed by KRS Chapter 229 and 201 KAR Chapter 27 governing boxing kickboxing, mixed martial arts, and elimination event shows and shall be subject to any orders given by the inspector or employee of the authority.
(2) An applicant shall file a completed application and pay the license fee established in 201 KAR 27:008, Sections 2 and 3.
Section 2. At the beginning of a bout the judges shall locate themselves on opposite sides of the ring and shall carefully observe the performance of the contestants. At the conclusion of the bout the judges shall render their decision.
Section 3. The judges shall, upon request of the referee, assist the referee in determining whether a foul has been committed, whether each contestant is competing in earnest, and whether there is collusion affecting the result of the bout.
Section 4. In order to become licensed, a judge shall and to maintain licensure, a judge shall attend a training class on KRS Chapter 229 and 201 KAR Chapter 27. The class shall be provided by the authority.
Section 5. If the inspector has reason to believe that a judge has committed a violation of KRS Chapter 229 or 201 KAR Chapter 27, the inspector may take one (1) or more of the following actions:
(1) Issuance of a cease and desist order to the judge;
(2) Issuance of a notice of violation to the judge; or
(3) Ejection of the judge from a show.
Section 6. Upon the finding of a violation of KAR Chapter 229 or 201 KAR Chapter 27 by a judge, the authority may impose one (1) or more of the following penalties:
(1) Suspension of the license of the judge pursuant to KRS 229.200;
(2) Revocation of the license of the judge pursuant to KRS 229.200;
(3) Reprimand of the judge pursuant to KRS 229.200; or
(4) Assessment of a fine pursuant to KRS 229.991(5). (5 Ky.R. 1107; eff. 11-7-79; Am. 20 Ky.R. 1046; eff. 1-10-94; 32 Ky.R. 1756; 2263; eff. 7-7-2006.)