201 KAR 27:040. Managers.
RELATES TO: KRS 229.081(3), 229.091(1), 229.190, 229.200, 229.991
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 229.081(3), 229.180(1)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 229.180(1) grants the authority the power to promulgate, amend, or abrogate administrative regulations necessary to perform its regulatory functions. KRS 229.081(3) provides for the licensing of managers at professional matches and bouts. KRS 229.091(1) provides that every licensee shall be subject to the administrative regulations the authority promulgates. This administrative regulation sets forth standards governing the conduct of managers.
Section 1. (1) A manager shall be licensed by the authority and shall be governed by KRS Chapter 229 and 201 KAR Chapter 27.
(2) A manager shall report to and be under the general supervision of the inspector or employee of the authority in attendance at the show.
(3) A manager shall be subject to any order given by the inspector or employee of the authority.
(4) An applicant shall file a completed application and pay the license fee established in 201 KAR 27:008, Sections 2 and 3.
Section 2. A manager shall do business only with promoters, officials, and contestants who are licensed by the authority and in good standing. A manager shall act as a manager only in shows that have been approved by the authority.
Section 3. A manager shall not act or attempt to act for a contestant unless legally authorized to do so by the contestant.
Section 4. Copies of any written contract between a manager and a contestant may be filed with the inspector or employee of the authority as evidence of the manager's authority to act on behalf of the contestant, and shall be filed if requested by the inspector or employee of the authority.
Section 5. If the inspector has reason to believe that a manager has committed a violation of KRS Chapter 229 201 KAR Chapter 27, the inspector may take one (1) or more of the following actions:
(1) Issuance of a cease and desist order to the manager;
(2) Issuance of a notice of violation to the manager; or
(3) Ejection of the manager from a show.
Section 6. Upon the finding of a violation of KRS Chapter 229 or 201 KAR Chapter 27 by a manager, the authority may impose one (1) or more of the following penalties:
(1) Suspension of the license of the manager pursuant to KRS 229.200;
(2) Revocation of the license of the manager pursuant to KRS 229.200;
(3) Reprimand of the manager pursuant to KRS 229.200; or
(4) Assessment of a fine pursuant to KRS 229.991(5). (5 Ky.R. 1107; eff. 11-7-79; Am. 20 Ky.R. 1045; 1791; eff. 1-10-94; 32 Ky.R. 1755; 2262; eff. 7-7-2006.)