RELATES TO: KRS 229.021(2), 229.081, 229.171(1), 229.190, 229.200, 229.991
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 229.171(1), 229.180
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 229.171(1) authorizes the Kentucky Boxing and Wrestling Authority to provide the sole direction, management, control, and jurisdiction over all boxing, kickboxing, mixed martial arts, sparring, and wrestling shows or exhibitions held in the Commonwealth. KRS 229.180 authorizes the authority to promulgate administrative regulations necessary to implement KRS Chapter 229. This administrative regulation establishes the guidelines that shall be followed by persons acting as seconds.
Section 1. (1) A second shall report to and be under the general supervision of the inspector or employee of the authority in attendance at the show.
(2) A second shall obey all orders of the inspector or employee of the authority.
Section 2. (1) A second shall be licensed by the authority and shall be governed by KRS Chapter 229 and 201 KAR Chapter 27.
(2) An applicant shall file a completed application as established in 201 KAR 27:008, Section 2, and pay the licensure fee established in 201 KAR 27:008, Section 3.
Section 3. A violation by a second, of KRS Chapter 229 or 201 KAR Chapter 27, shall be sufficient cause for disqualification of the contestant, for whom the second acts, by the referee or judges.
Section 4. A second shall not act as a manager unless so licensed.
Section 5. A second shall not be more than three (3) in number, and only two (2) shall be allowed in the ring at the same time.
Section 6. A second shall be equipped with a first aid kit and the necessary supplies for proper attendance upon the second's contestant.
Section 7. A second shall leave the ring at the timekeeper's ten (10) seconds whistle before the beginning of each round of a bout and remove all equipment. None of this equipment shall be placed on the ring floor until after the bell has sounded at the end of the round or period.
Section 8. A second shall not throw a towel or other article into the ring.
Section 9. A second shall wear surgical gloves while carrying out his or her duties.
Section 10. If the inspector has reason to believe that a second has committed a violation of KRS Chapter 229 or 201 KAR Chapter 27, the inspector shall take one (1) or more of the following actions:
(1) Issuance of a cease and desist order to the second;
(2) Issuance of a notice of violation to the second; or
(3) Ejection of the second from a bout or show.
Section 11. Upon the finding of a violation of KRS Chapter 229 or 201 KAR Chapter 27 by a second, the authority shall impose one (1) or more of the following penalties:
(1) Suspension of the license of the second pursuant to KRS 229.200;
(2) Revocation of the license of the second pursuant to KRS 229.200;
(3) Reprimand of the second pursuant to KRS 229.200; or
(4) Assessment of a fine pursuant to KRS 229.991(5). (5 Ky.R. 1106; eff. 11-7-79; Am. 20 Ky.R. 1045; eff. 1-10-94; 26 Ky.R. 2008; 27 Ky.R. 483; eff. 8-14-2000; 1754; 2262; eff. 7-7-06; 38 Ky.R. 1208; 1717; eff. 5-4-12.)