201 KAR 26:290. Licensed psychological practitioner: application procedures.
RELATES TO: KRS 319.053
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: 319.032(1)(a), (c)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 319.053 requires the board to promulgate administrative regulations establishing the requirements for an applicant for licensure as a psychological practitioner. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements for applicants.
Section 1. Application. (1) An application for a license as a licensed psychological practitioner may be submitted on form Psy 1, as incorporated in 201 KAR 26:155, after the requirements established in KRS 319.053(1) are met.
(2) The application shall:
(a) Include a certification by the applicant that the:
1. Information in the application is true, correct, and complete to the best of his or her knowledge and belief;
2. Applicant is aware that the board may take disciplinary action if the application contains a misrepresentation or falsification; and
(b) Be accompanied by:
1. A check or money order payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer for the application fee as required by 201 KAR 26:160;
2. Three (3) letters of reference from persons who are familiar with the clinical work of the applicant. One (1) letter shall be from the current board-approved supervisor of record outlining the candidate’s scope of practice and the other two (2) letters shall be from licensed mental health professionals acceptable to the board; and
3. An official transcript for all levels of education required for licensure.
Section 2. Temporary Licensure. Temporary credentials shall not be issued to persons applying for licensed psychological practitioner status. An applicant may continue to practice under board-approved supervision as a licensed psychological associate or as a certified psychologist pending successful completion of all requirements for a change of status to a licensed psychological practitioner.
(1) The candidate shall obtain an acceptable score on the national (EPPP) examination as established in 201 KAR 26:230, Section 4.
(2) The board shall accept the applicant’s previous examination results for the national (EPPP) examination if the original test score satisfied the doctoral licensure requirement as to criterion level at the time of that examination.
(3) The applicant shall pass the structured oral examinations on Kentucky mental health law, ethical principles, and professional practice established in 201 KAR 26:230, Section 4(5). (28 Ky.R. 1521; Am. 1820; eff. 2-7-2002; 31 Ky.R. 1015; 1516; eff. 3-8-05; 37 Ky.R. 1539; eff. 3-4-2011.)