201 KAR 26:290. Licensed psychological practitioner: application procedures.
RELATES TO: KRS 319.053
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: 319.032(1)(a), (c)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 319.032(1)(a) and (c) require the Board of Examiners of Psychology to promulgate administrative regulations establishing the requirements for an applicant for licensure as a psychological practitioner. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements for these applicants.
Section 1. Application. (1) An applicant for licensure as a licensed psychological practitioner shall submit a completed Application for Licensure as a Psychological Practitioner after the requirements established in KRS 319.053(1) are met.
(2) The application shall:
(a) Include a certification by the applicant that the:
1. Information in the application is true, correct, and complete to the best of his or her knowledge and belief;
2. Applicant is aware that the board may take disciplinary action if the application contains a misrepresentation or falsification; and
(b) Be accompanied by:
1. A payment to the Kentucky State Treasurer for the application fee as required by 201 KAR 26:160;
2. Three (3) letters of completed Recommendation for Licensure as a Psychological Practitioner from persons who are familiar with the clinical work of the applicant. One (1) letter shall be from the current board-approved supervisor of record outlining the candidate’s scope of practice and the other two (2) letters shall be from licensed mental health professionals acceptable to the board;
3. An official transcript for all levels of education required for licensure; and
4. A completed Supervisor Recommendation for Licensure as a Psychological Practitioner.
Section 2. Temporary Licensure. Temporary credentials shall not be issued to persons applying for licensed psychological practitioner status. An applicant may continue to practice under board-approved supervision as a licensed psychological associate or as a certified psychologist pending successful completion of all requirements for a change of status to a licensed psychological practitioner.
(1) The candidate shall obtain an acceptable score on the national (EPPP) examination as established in 201 KAR 26:230, Section 4.
(2) The board shall accept the applicant’s previous examination results for the national (EPPP) examination if the original test score satisfied the doctoral licensure requirement as to criterion level at the time of that examination.
(3) The applicant shall pass the structured examinations on Kentucky mental health law, ethical principles, and professional practice established in 201 KAR 26:230, Section 4(5). An applicant shall score at least an eighty (80) percent to pass the structured examination of Kentucky mental health law. An applicant shall score a 100 percent to pass the oral examination on ethical principles and professional practice.
Section 3. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The following material is incorporated by reference:
(a) "Application for Licensure as a Psychological Practitioner", February 2017;
(b) "Supervisor Recommendation for Licensure as a Psychological Practitioner", February 2017; and
(c) "Recommendation for Licensure as a Psychological Practitioner", February 2017.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Board of Examiners of Psychology, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Kentucky 40601, phone (502) 782-8812, fax (502) 696-3925, email email@example.com. (28 Ky.R. 1520; Am. 1820; eff. 2-7-2002; 31 Ky.R. 1014; 1515; eff. 3-8-2005; 43 Ky.R. 1840; 44 Ky.R. 39; eff. 7-17-2017.)