201 KAR 26:250. Employment of a psychological associate.
RELATES TO: KRS 319.032(1)(b), (l), 319.064(5)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 319.032(1)(b), (l)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 319.032(1)(l) requires the board to promulgate an administrative regulation governing the supervision and employment of a licensed psychological associate. KRS 319.064(5) prohibits a licensed psychological associate from practicing independently, except under the employment and supervision of a board approved licensed psychologist. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements for the employment of a licensed psychological associate.
Section 1. Employment of a licensed psychological associate by a regional mental health/mental retardation board, college or university, or government agency shall not be considered independent practice.
Section 2. A licensed psychological associate may be employed in a supervisor's independent practice, if the supervisor is responsible for the direction and control of the practice of the licensed psychological associate.
Section 3. A special application shall:
(1) Be submitted to the board by the supervisor of record and a licensed psychological associate if:
(a)1. The licensed psychological associate is employed in an independent practice; and
2. The supervisor of record is not the employer; or
(b) The employer is not an organization listed in Section 1 of this administrative regulation;
(2) Be approved by the board before the practice begins;
(3) Identify the licensed psychological associate, supervisor, and employer; and
(4) Certify that:
(a) The supervising licensed psychologist is not hired, employed or engaged under contract by the licensed psychological associate and shall not be terminated by the licensed psychological associate;
(b) The licensed psychological associate is not one of the owners of the independent practice or organization, but rather serves as an employee; and
(c) The licensed psychological associate has both administrative and clinical supervision which are provided by the independent practice or organization.
(5) The arrangement described in the application shall be approved by the board before the practice begins.
Section 4. A licensed psychological associate who works as an employee for more than one (1) independent practice or organization shall obtain approval from the board of a supervisor of record for each independent practice or organization and shall comply with 201 KAR 26:171 for approval to have more than two (2) supervisors of record.
Section 5. In all communications and advertising with the public, the licensed psychological associate's relationship with the employer and the supervisor shall be clearly indicated.
Section 6. The licensed psychological associate and the supervisor shall comply with the requirements for supervision established in 201 KAR 26:171.
Section 7. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Special Application/Employment of a Psychological Associate", (January 2002 edition), is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Board of Examiners of Psychology, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (24 Ky.R. 1182; Am. 1669; eff. 2-17-98; 28 Ky.R. 1484; 1819; eff. 2-7-2002.)