201 KAR 26:180. Requirements for granting licensure as a psychologist by reciprocity.
RELATES TO: KRS 319.032(1)(i)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 319.032(1)(i)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 319.032(1)(i) requires the board to promulgate an administrative regulation governing the granting of a license through reciprocity. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements for licensure as a psychologist by reciprocity.
Section 1. The board shall issue a license to an applicant who qualifies for a license as a psychologist pursuant to an agreement of reciprocity entered into by the board of this jurisdiction with the board or boards of any other jurisdiction or multiple jurisdictions.
Section 2. The applicant for licensure as a psychologist by reciprocity shall:
(1) Hold a current valid license in good standing to practice psychology which has been granted by at least one (1) state or the District of Columbia or a Canadian province which maintains a psychology registration board:
(a) That is a constituent member of the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB); and
(b) With whom this board has an agreement of reciprocity;
(2) Have a minimum of five (5) years of full-time practice or its equivalent as determined by the board in the other jurisdiction; and
(3) Has not been disciplined by any licensure board.
Section 3. The board shall conduct a face-to-face examination of an applicant for licensure by reciprocity. The applicant shall demonstrate an acceptable level of knowledge of Kentucky mental health law.
Section 4. An applicant for licensure with the health service provider designation shall comply with KRS 319.050(7).
Section 5. If an applicant for licensure with the health service provider designation does not have an additional 1,800 hours of supervised experience as required by KRS 319.050, the board may determine that the applicant's practice experience is equivalent to the required year of experience.
Section 6. A person holding the Certificate of Professional Qualification in Psychology (CPQ) issued by the (ASPPB) or a successor organization or a person who holds a certificate from the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology or a successor organization and has a minimum equivalent of five (5) years of full-time practice at the independent level and has had no disciplinary action taken by a licensure board or on record in the ASPPB date base shall:
(1) Be deemed to meet the qualifications for licensure by reciprocity as established in this administrative regulation; and
(2) Upon meeting the requirements established in Section 3 of this administrative regulation, shall be granted a license with the health service provider designation. (13 Ky.R. 2166; eff. 7-2-87; Am. 20 Ky.R. 587; eff. 10-21-93; 24 Ky.R. 1129; 1666; eff. 2-17-98; 25 Ky.R. 407; 823; eff. 9-16-98; 28 Ky.R. 1474; 1813; eff. 2-7-2002; 31 Ky.R. 1009; eff. 3-8-05; 37 Ky.R. 1527; 1982; eff. 3-4-2011.)