201 KAR 26:165. Inactive status.
RELATES TO: KRS 319.071
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 319.032(2), 319.071(3)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 319.071(3) authorizes the board to grant inactive status for a credential holder for a period of up to three (3) consecutive years. KRS 319.032(2) authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations necessary to administer KRS Chapter 319. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements for inactive status.
Section 1. Inactive status may be granted to a credential holder pursuant to KRS 319.071(3) by submitting a completed Request for Change of License Status. (1) The credential holder shall be relieved of his or her obligation to pay the renewal fee and of maintaining supervision of his or her practice, but shall continue to meet the requirements for continuing education.
(2) The credential holder may return to active status within the three (3) year period upon:
(a) Notification to the board;
(b) Payment of the current renewal fee;
(c) Resumption of any required supervisory relationship with a supervisor acceptable to the board; and
(d) Demonstration of compliance with all continuing education requirements during the period of inactive status.
(3) The three (3) consecutive year period of inactive status shall begin at the date of expiration of the current period of licensure.
(4) If the credential holder does not reactivate his or her credential at the end of the three (3) year period of inactive status, then the credential shall be forfeited and the credential holder shall make a new application to the board and be reexamined by the board before a new credential may be issued. If the credential holder returns to active status within the three (3) year period, his or her new renewal date shall be the date of return to active status.
(5) A credential holder shall submit a Renewal Application, incorporated by reference in 201 KAR 26:225, to be reinstated from an inactive status.
Section 2. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Request for Change of License Status", October 2016, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Board of Examiners of Psychology, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (20 Ky.R. 675; Am. 937; eff. 10-21-1993; 28 Ky.R. 1469; eff. 2-7-2002; 31 Ky.R. 1003; 1511; eff. 3-8-2005; 43 Ky.R. 1818; 44 Ky.R. 26; eff. 7-17-2017.)