RELATES TO: KRS 335.010-335.160, 335.990
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 335.070
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 335.070 authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations establishing requirements for license renewal. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements for license renewal.
Section 1. Definition. "Licensee" means a person licensed under KRS 335.010 through 335.160 as:
(1) A certified social worker;
(2) A licensed social worker; or
(3) A licensed clinical social worker.
Section 2. (1)(a) Pursuant to KRS 335.130(1), a licensee shall renew the licensee’s license on a three (3) year basis in order to continue to practice social work in Kentucky.
(b) The three (3) year renewal cycle shall be calculated based on the date of the issuance of the initial license.
(2) A Renewal Form shall be submitted with the appropriate fee and continuing education requirements as established in 201 KAR 23:020 and 201 KAR 23:075.
(3) A licensee shall file the licensee’s current mailing address with the board and shall immediately notify the board in writing if the address changes.
Section 3. (1) If a licensee reapplies after the date of expiration and before three (3) months the licensee shall:
(a) Pay a penalty of 100 dollars;
(b) Cease and desist the practice of social work immediately;
(c) Submit a renewal form along with documentation of completed continuing education requirements per 201 KAR 23:075, Section 2; and
(d) Submit official documentation of employment beginning with the date of expiration of license.
Section 4. If a licensee has not renewed the licensee’s license at the end of three (3) months, the licensee shall submit a new application in accordance with existing requirements for initial applicants under KRS Chapter 335 and 201 KAR Chapter 23.
Section 5. Upon payment of the renewal fee and the late renewal penalty, the date of the license shall be retroactive to the date of expiration.
Section 6. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The following material is incorporated by reference:
(a) "LCSW Application For Renewal", 10/2010;
(b) "CSW Application For Renewal", 10/2010; and
(c) "LSW Application For Renewal", 10/2010.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Board of Social Work, 44 Fountain Place, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (3 Ky.R. 264; eff. 10-6-76; Am. 8 Ky.R. 155; eff. 10-7-81; 37 Ky.R. 1331; Am. 1630; eff. 2-4-2011; 38 Ky.R. 817; 12-7-2011.)