RELATES TO: KRS 12.355, 164.772, 214.610(1), 327.050(8), (9), 327.070, 327.075
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 327.040(10), (11)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 327.040(11) authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations for the effectuation of the purposes of KRS Chapter 327, and 327.040(10) authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations establishing a measure of continued competency as a condition of license renewal. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements and procedures for the renewal and reinstatement of credentials.
Section 1. A credential shall be renewed upon:
(1) Payment of the renewal fee established in 201 KAR 22:135 on or before March 31st of each uneven numbered year. The fee shall be waived for renewal of license or certificate held by active duty member of Armed Forces as established in KRS 12.355;
(2) Submission of the completed Renewal or Reinstatement Application;
(3) Verification of continued competence as established in 201 KAR 22:045;
(4) Compliance with the course requirement in KRS 327.050(8), verification of completion of a Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) approved two (2) hour course on the transmission, control, treatment, and prevention of human immunodeficiency virus infection and AIDS, pursuant to KRS 214.610(1), but not more than one (1) time every ten (10) years. The course shall be completed within the renewal biennial period that it is due; and
(5) Verification that, since the last renewal period, the credential holder has not:
(a) Been in violation of KRS 327.070;
(b) Had a professional license or credential disciplined or under current disciplinary review in this state or another jurisdiction;
(c) Had a civil claim made against the credential holder which related to the credential holder's practice of physical therapy; or
(d) Defaulted on the repayment obligation of financial aid programs administered by the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA) pursuant to KRS 164.772.
Section 2. Credentials not renewed by the board by March 31 of each uneven numbered year shall lapse.
Section 3.(1) A credential holder who has a credential that has lapsed may, within three (3) years of the lapsed date, reinstate upon:
(a) Meeting the requirements of Section 1(2), (4), and (5) of this administrative regulation for the current renewal period;
(b) Verification of having obtained within two (2) years prior to the date of submission of the completed Renewal or Reinstatement Application:
1. Thirty (30) hours of continued competency as established in 201 KAR 22:045, Section 2(1)(a)1, 2, and 3 and (c) for a physical therapist; or
2. Twenty (20) hours of continued competency as established in 201 KAR 22:045, Section 2(1)(b)1, 2, and 3 and (c) for a physical therapist assistant; and
(c) Submission of payment of the reinstatement fee established in 201 KAR 22:135.
(2) Continued competency hours submitted under subsection (1)(b) of this section for reinstatement shall satisfy the continued competency hours for the next renewal period as established in 201 KAR 22:045, Section 2(2) and (3).
Section 4. A credential holder who has a credential that has lapsed may, more than three (3) years of the lapsed date, reinstate upon:
(1) Meeting the requirements of Section 3 of this administrative regulation;
(2) Submission of all credentials from other jurisdictions since last renewal; and
(3) Completing the following requirements of the board if not holding a current credential from any other jurisdiction since last renewal:
(a) Submission of evidence of professional competency;
(b) An agreement to practice physical therapy under direct supervision not to exceed six (6) months;
(c) Successful completion of the board-approved examination; or
(d) Any combination of paragraphs (a) through (c) of this subsection.
Section 5. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Renewal or Reinstatement Application", June 2012, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Board of Physical Therapy, 312 Whittington Parkway, Suite 102, Louisville, Kentucky 40222, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (39 Ky.R. 77; eff. 9-19-2012; 40 Ky.R. 2612; 41 Ky.R. 31; eff. 8-1-2014.)