201 KAR 22:040. Procedure for renewal or reinstatement of a credential for a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant.
RELATES TO: KRS 12.355, 164.772, 327.050(8), (9), 327.070, 327.075
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 327.040(10), (11)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 327.040(11) authorizes the Board of Physical Therapy to promulgate and enforce reasonable administrative regulations for the effectuation of the purposes of KRS Chapter 327, and KRS 327.040(10) authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations establishing a measure of continued competency as a condition of license renewal. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements and procedures for the renewal and reinstatement of credentials.
Section 1. A credential shall be renewed upon:
(1) Payment of the renewal fee established in 201 KAR 22:135 on or before March 31st of each odd numbered year. The fee shall be waived for renewal of license or certificate held by active duty member of Armed Forces as established in KRS 12.355;
(2) Submission of the completed Renewal Application or Reinstatement Application; and
(3) Verification of continued competence as established in 201 KAR 22:045.
Section 2. Credentials not renewed by the board by March 31 of each odd numbered year shall lapse.
Section 3. (1) A credential holder who has a credential that has lapsed may, within three (3) years of the lapsed date, reinstate upon:
(a) Meeting the requirements of Section 1(2) of this administrative regulation for the current renewal period;
(b) Verification of having obtained within two (2) years prior to the date of submission of the completed Renewal Application or Reinstatement Application:
1. Thirty (30) hours of continued competency as established in 201 KAR 22:045, Section 2(1)(a)1, 2, and 3 and (c) for a physical therapist; or
2. Twenty (20) hours of continued competency as established in 201 KAR 22:045, Section 2(1)(b)1, 2, and 3 and (c) for a physical therapist assistant; and
(c) Submission of payment of the reinstatement fee established in 201 KAR 22:135.
(2) Continued competency hours submitted under subsection (1)(b) of this section for reinstatement shall satisfy the continued competency hours for the next renewal period as established in 201 KAR 22:045, Section 2(2) and (3).
Section 4. A credential holder who has a credential that has lapsed may, more than three (3) years of the lapsed date, reinstate upon:
(1) Meeting the requirements of Section 3 of this administrative regulation;
(2) Submission of all credentials from other jurisdictions since last renewal; and
(3) Completing the following requirements of the board if not holding a current credential from any other jurisdiction since last renewal:
(a) Submission of evidence of professional competency;
(b) An agreement to practice physical therapy under direct supervision not to exceed six (6) months;
(c) Successful completion of the board-approved examination; or
(d) Any combination of paragraphs (a) through (c) of this subsection.
Section 5. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The following material is incorporated by reference:
(a) "Renewal Application", July 2015; and
(b) "Reinstatement Application", July 2015.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Board of Physical Therapy, 312 Whittington Parkway, Suite 102, Louisville, Kentucky 40222, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (39 Ky.R. 77; eff. 9-19-2012; 40 Ky.R. 2612; 41 Ky.R. 31; eff. 8-1-2014; 42 Ky.R. 1285; 1712; eff. 12-16-2015.)