RELATES TO: KRS 164.772, 214.610(1), 327.050(8), (9), 327.070
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 327.040(10), (11)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 327.040(11) authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations for the effectuation of the purposes of KRS Chapter 327, and 327.040(10) authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations establishing a measure of continued competency as a condition of license renewal. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements and procedures for the renewal and reinstatement of credentials.
Section 1. A credential shall be renewed upon:
(1) Payment of the renewal fee established in 201 KAR 22:135 on or before March 31st of each uneven numbered year. The fee shall be waived for renewal of license or certificate held by active duty member of Armed Forces as set forth in KRS 12.355;
(2) Submission of the completed Renewal or Reinstatement Application;
(3) Verification of continued competence as set forth in 201 KAR 22:045;
(4) In accordance with the course requirement in KRS 327.050(8), verification of completion of a Cabinet for Health Services (CHS) approved two (2) hour course on the transmission, control, treatment and prevention of human immunodeficiency virus infection and AIDS, pursuant to KRS 214.610(1) but not more than every ten (10) years. The course shall be completed within the renewal biennial period that it is due; and
(5) Verification that, since the last renewal period, the credential holder has not:
(a) Been in violation of KRS 327.070;
(b) Had a professional license or credential disciplined or under current disciplinary review in this state or another jurisdiction;
(c) Had a civil claim made against the credential holder which related to the credential holder's practice of physical therapy; or
(d) Defaulted on the repayment obligation of financial aid programs administered by the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA) per KRS 164.772.
Section 2. Credentials not renewed by the board by March 31 of each uneven numbered year shall lapse.
Section 3. A credential holder who has a credential that has lapsed less than three (3) years may reinstate upon:
(1) Meeting the requirements of Section 1(2) through (5) of this administrative regulation for the current renewal period; and
(2) Submission of payment of the reinstatement fee established in 201 KAR 22:135.
Section 4. A credential holder who has a credential that has lapsed greater than three (3) years may reinstate upon:
(1) Meeting the requirements of Section 3;
(2) Submission of all credentials from other jurisdictions since last renewal; and
(3) If not holding a current credential, the board shall require the following:
(a) Submission of evidence of professional competency;
(b) An agreement to practice physical therapy under supervision not to exceed six (6) months;
(c) Successful completion of the board-approved examination; or
(d) Any combination of paragraphs (a) through (c) of this subsection.
Section 5. (1) "Renewal or Reinstatement Application", June 2012, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Board of Physical Therapy, 312 Whittington Parkway, Suite 102, Louisville, Kentucky 40222, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (39 Ky.R. 77; eff. 9-19-2012.)