RELATES TO: KRS 312.085, 312.095, 312.145, 312.175
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 312.019, 312.085, 312.095, 312.175
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 312.019(9) authorizes the Kentucky Board of Chiropractic Examiners to promulgate administrative regulations consistent with KRS Chapter 312, regulating the practice of chiropractic. This administrative regulation establishes the procedures relating to application for licensure, license renewal, and fees.
Section 1. Initial Application. An applicant for initial licensure shall submit to the board:
(1) A completed New Licensee Application; and
(2) A nonrefundable application fee of $350.
Section 2. Licenses. Each license by the board shall:
(1) Set forth the:
(a) Name of the issuing board;
(b) Name of the licensee;
(c) Number of license; and
(d) Date of the license issuance;
(2) Be signed by a minimum of three (3) members of the board; and
(3) Have the seal of the board affixed.
Section 3. License Renewal. (1)(a) Each licensee of the board shall annually renew the license on or before the first day of March.
(b)1. A licensee seeking active status shall:
a. Submit a completed Application for Annual License Renewal; and
b. Pay a renewal fee of $250.
2. A licensee seeking inactive status shall:
a. Submit a completed Annual Inactive License Renewal Application; and
b. Pay a renewal fee of seventy-five (75) dollars.
(2) The amount of the restoration fee established by KRS 312.175(2) and (4) shall be $250 per year, or any part of a year.
(3) Continuing education requirements.
(a) Each active licensee shall complete at least twelve (12) hours of board-approved continuing education, with:
1. A minimum of six (6) hours obtained within Kentucky;
2. No more than eight (8) hours completed in a day; and
3. Proof of completion submitted with the Application for Annual License Renewal.
(b) A new licensee shall complete a two (2) hour jurisprudence course, provided by the board, prior to the first license renewal. The course shall account for two (2) of the twelve (12) hours of continuing education required by paragraph (a) of this subsection.
(c) An inactive licensee may renew the inactive license without meeting the continuing education requirements required by this subsection.
Section 4. Activation of an inactive license. (1) To activate an inactive license, a licensee shall submit:
(a) A completed Application for Activation or Reinstatement of Kentucky License;
(b) The renewal fee required by Section 3(1)(b) of this administrative regulation;
(c) Proof that the licensee has met the continuing education requirements established by Section 3(3) of this administrative regulation; and
(d) License verification from each state or jurisdiction from which the licensee has held a license.
(2) If the licensee was inactive for more than four (4) years, proof of successfully passing the Special Purposes Examination for Chiropractic given by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners within the past six (6) months shall be submitted to the board.
Section 5. Denial or Refusal of License. The board may deny or refuse to renew a license if an applicant or licensee:
(1) Has a conviction for a felony or violation of any law involving moral turpitude; or
(2) Violates any of the provisions of KRS Chapter 312, or 201 KAR Chapter 21.
Section 6. Change of Address. Each licensee shall notify the board within ten (10) days of each change of mailing address or place of business.
Section 7. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The following material is incorporated by reference:
(a) "New Licensee Application", November 2009;
(b) "Application for Annual License Renewal", November 2009;
(c) "Annual Inactive License Renewal Application", 2013; and
(d) "Application for Activation or Reinstatement of Kentucky License", 2013.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Board of Chiropractic Examiners, 209 South Green Street, Glasgow, Kentucky 42142, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (6 Ky.R. 165; eff. 10-3-79; Am. 16 Ky.R. 44; 344; eff. 9-2-89; 34 Ky.R. 1530; 2279; eff. 5-2-2008; 35 Ky. R. 989; 1437; eff. 1-5-2009; 36 Ky.R. 855; 1194; eff. 1-4-2010; 40 Ky.R. 1411; 2119; eff. 3-20-2014.)