RELATES TO: KRS 314.071(2)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 314.131(1), (2), 314.137
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 314.131(2) requires the board to license duly qualified applicants engaged in the practice of nursing. KRS 314.137 authorizes the board to establish the credentialing requirements of dialysis technicians. KRS 314.131(1) authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations necessary to carry out the provisions of KRS Chapter 314. This administrative regulation establishes the procedures for a nurse or a dialysis technician who wishes to relinquish a license or credential prior to its expiration.
Section 1. (1) A person holding a license or credential issued by the board may voluntarily relinquish that license or credential prior to its expiration date.
(2) The request to relinquish shall be in writing to the board.
(3) The board shall allow the relinquishment of a license or credential unless the person is currently under investigation by the board.
Section 2. A person who voluntarily relinquishes a license or credential according to the provisions established in Section 1 of this administrative regulation shall be reinstated by meeting the applicable requirements for each respective license or credential established in:
(1) 201 KAR 20:225, Section 1;
(2) 201 KAR 20:056, Section 6;
(3) 201 KAR 20:411, Section 9; and
(4) 201 KAR 20:470, Section 4. (36 Ky.R. 2208; Am. 357; eff. 8-18-2010; 38 Ky.R. 1997; eff. 8-15-2012.)