Board of Nursing
(As Amended at ARRS, May 10, 2016)
RELATES TO: KRS 61.874(3), 314.027(2), 314.041(8), (10)(c), 314.042(3), (6), 314.051(2), (10)(c), 314.071(1), (2), 314.073(8), 314.075(1), 314.101(4), 314.142(1)(b), 314.161, 314.171(4)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 314.041(8), (10)(c), 314.042(3), (6), 314.051(2), (10)(c), 314.071(1), (2), 314.073(8), 314.131(1), 314.142(1)(b), 314.161
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 314.131 authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations necessary to carry out the provisions of KRS Chapter 314. KRS 314.142(1)(b) requires the board to establish an application fee for a registered nurse who applies to the board to be credentialed as a "sexual assault nurse examiner". KRS 314.161 authorizes the board to establish fees necessary to implement KRS Chapter 314. KRS 314.041(8), (10)(c), 314.042(3), (6), 314.051(2), (10)(c), 314.071(1), (2), and 314.073(8) require the board to establish fees for licensure, examination, renewal, reinstatement, and continuing education. This administrative regulation establishes those fees.
Section 1. Fees for Licensure Applications. (1) The board shall collect a fee for:
(a) An application for licensure; and
(b) Licensure renewal or reinstatement.
(2) The fee for an application shall be:
(a) Licensure by endorsement as a registered nurse - $165;
(b) Licensure by endorsement as a licensed practical nurse - $165;
(c) Licensure by examination as a registered nurse - $125;
(d) Licensure by examination as a licensed practical nurse - $125;
(e) Renewal of license - fifty-five (55) dollars;
(f) Retired status - twenty-five (25) dollars;
(g) Reinstatement of license - $135;
(h) Paper copy of an application - forty (40) dollars;
(i) Full verification of licensure, credential or registration history - fifty (50) dollars;
(j) Licensure as an advanced practice registered nurse - $165;
(k) Renewal of licensure as an advanced practice registered nurse - fifty-five (55) dollars;
(l) Reinstatement of licensure as an advanced practice registered nurse - $135;
(m) Name change - twenty-five (25) dollars;
to establish a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse prelicensure
program of nursing pursuant to 201 KAR 20:280[
or 201 KAR 20:290]
- $2,000; or
submitted to establish a doctor of nursing practice program pursuant to 201 KAR
20:061, Section 1 - $250; (p)
Information submitted to establish a doctor of nursing practice program
pursuant to 201 KAR 20:061, Section 2 - $2,000; or (q)]
Information submitted to establish an advanced practice registered nurse program
pursuant to 201 KAR 20:062[ , Section 3] - $2,000.
(3) An application or information submitted under this section shall not be evaluated by the board unless the current fee is submitted.
Section 2. Fees for Applications for Continuing Education Approvals. The fee for an application for approval of a provider of continuing education or for a renewal or reinstatement of the approval shall be:
(1) Initial provider approval - $400;
(2) Reinstatement of provider approval - $400;
(3) Renewal of approval - $100; or
(4) Individual review of continuing education offerings - ten (10) dollars.
Section 3. Fees for Services. (1) The fee for a service shall be:
(a) Validation of the current status of a temporary work permit, provisional license, license, or credential:
1. If requested in writing in individual nurse format - fifty (50) dollars; or
2. If requested in writing in list format - fifty (50) dollars for the first name and twenty (20) dollars for each additional name;
(b) Copy of an examination result or transcript - twenty-five (25) dollars;
(c) Nursing certificate - thirty (30) dollars; or
(d) Release of NCLEX results to another state board of nursing - seventy-five (75) dollars.
(2) An applicant for licensure who takes or retakes the licensure examination shall pay:
(a) The current examination fee required by the national council of state boards of nursing; and
(b) Application for licensure fee pursuant to Section 1 of this administrative regulation.
(3) A graduate of a foreign school of nursing shall be responsible for:
(a) Costs incurred to submit credentials translated into English;
(b) Immigration documents; and
(c) Other documents needed to verify that the graduate has met Kentucky licensure requirements.
(4) A program
of nursing that requires a site visit pursuant to 201 KAR 20:360[
Section 5[ 2(4)], shall pay the cost of the site visit
to the board.
Section 4. An application shall lapse and the fee shall be forfeited if the application is not completed as follows:
(1) For an application for licensure by endorsement, within six (6) months from the date the application form is filed with the board office;
(2) For an application for licensure by examination, within one (1) year from the date the application form is filed with the board office; or
(3) For all other applications, except for renewal of license applications, within one (1) year from the date the application form is filed with the board office.
Section 5. An applicant who meets all requirements for approval, licensure, or credential shall be issued the appropriate approval, license, or credential without additional fee.
Section 6. Fees for Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners. (1) The application fee shall be $120.
(2) The credential renewal fee shall be fifty (50) dollars.
(3) The credential reinstatement fee shall be $120.
Section 7. A payment for an application fee that is in an incorrect amount shall be returned and the application shall not be posted until the correct fee is received.
Section 8. Bad Transaction Fee. Any transaction, including paper or electronic, submitted to the board for payment of a fee which is returned for nonpayment shall be assessed a bad transaction fee of thirty-five (35) dollars.
GAIL WISE, President
APPROVED BY AGENCY: February 18, 2016
FILED WITH LRC: March 2, 2016 at 1 p.m.
CONTACT PERSON: Nathan Goldman, General Counsel, Kentucky Board of Nursing, 312 Whittington Parkway, Suite 300, Louisville, Kentucky 40222, phone (502) 429-3309, fax (502) 564-4251