Board of Nursing
(As Amended at ARRS, September 8, 2015)
RELATES TO: KRS 314.041, 314.051, 314.071, 314.073, 314.103, 314.109
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 314.103, 314.131(1)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 314.131(1) authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations to implement the provisions of KRS Chapter 314. KRS 314.103 authorizes the board to require a criminal background check investigation of an applicant or nurse. This administrative regulation establishes requirements and procedures for the renewal of licenses.
Section 1. Eligibility for Renewal of Licenses. To be eligible for renewal of licenses, applicants shall:
(1) Hold a valid and current license issued by the board;
(2) Submit a completed application form as required by 201 KAR 20:370, Section 1(1), to the board office electronically before midnight on October 31st, or if mailed, postmarked no later than the last day of the licensure period;
(3) Submit the current fee required by 201 KAR 20:240;
(4) Have met requirements of 201 KAR 20:215, if applicable;
(5) Submit certified or attested copies of court records of any misdemeanor or felony convictions with a letter of explanation as required by 201 KAR 20:370, Section 1(3);
(6) Submit certified copies of any disciplinary actions taken in other jurisdictions with a letter of explanation or a report if there is any disciplinary action pending on nursing or other professional or business licenses in other jurisdictions; and
(7) Have paid all monies due to the board.
Section 2. The licensure period for renewal of licenses shall be as specified in 201 KAR 20:085.
Section 3. (1) After the end of the licensure period each year, the board shall randomly select a percentage of nurses who have successfully completed renewal of the license.
(2) Those selected shall be notified in writing that, within thirty (30) days, they shall submit a completed Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Applicant Fingerprint Card and the fee required by the FBI.
The board shall review the report received from the FBI and shall take
appropriate action regarding any criminal convictions.]
SALLY BAXTER, President
APPROVED BY AGENCY: June 12, 2015
FILED WITH LRC: July 2, 2015 at 9 a.m.
CONTACT PERSON: Nathan Goldman, General Counsel, Kentucky Board of Nursing, 312 Whittington Parkway, Suite 300, Louisville, Kentucky 40222, phone (502) 429-3309, fax (502) 564-4251, email email@example.com.