201 KAR 20:200. Definitions for mandatory continuing education.
RELATES TO: KRS 314.011(11), 314.073
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 314.131(1)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: In order to implement a statewide system of mandatory continuing education, it is necessary for nurses, providers, and the board to use common terminology for communication about continuing education.
Section 1. The definitions of terms used in 201 KAR 20:215 and 201 KAR 20:220 shall be as follows:
(1) "Completed" means that contact hours have been earned.
(2) "Continuing education activity" means an offering given by a provider of continuing education who has been approved by the board and which relates to the practice of nursing or contributes to the competency of a nurse.
(3) "Health care agency" means an entity whose primary purpose is to provide health care services.
(4) "Identified deficiencies" means a learning objective that has been rated as unsatisfactory by at least twenty (20) percent of the participants.
(5) "In-service education" means that part of an employing agency's staff development program designed to provide information related to the work setting such as philosophy, policies, procedures, on-the-job training, orientation, basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and equipment demonstration as distinguished from an offering designed to meet the approved standards and criteria for continuing education.
(6) "Participants' evaluation summary" means the approved form which summarizes participants' evaluations of an offering.
(7) "Participant roster" means the attendance record.
(8) "Provider" means an entity which conducts continuing education activities.
(9) "Provide number" means the permanent, nontransferable number assigned by the board to a provider.
(10) "Self-study" means a self-directed learning experience under the guidance of, and monitored by, an approved provider.
(11) "Successful completion" means the participant has satisfactorily met the specific requirements of an offering. (6 Ky.R. 697; 7 Ky.R. 399; eff. 10-1-80; Am. 10 Ky.R. 1003; eff. 3-31-84; 11 Ky.R. 1627; eff. 6-4-85; 18 Ky.R. 3211; 19 Ky.R. 18; eff. 7-4-92.)