201 KAR 20:059. Advanced practice registered nurse controlled substances prescriptions.
RELATES TO: KRS 314.011(8)(c)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 314.131(1)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 314.011(8)(c) authorizes the Controlled Substances Formulary Development Committee to make recommendations to the Board of Nursing concerning any limitations for specific controlled substances. This administrative regulation implements that provision.
Section 1. Specific Controlled Substances. The following controlled substances have been identified as having the greatest potential for abuse or diversion:
(1) Diazepam (Valium), a Schedule IV medication;
(2) Clonazepam (Klonopin), a Schedule IV medication;
(3) Lorazepam (Ativan), a Schedule IV medication;
(4) Alprazolam (Xanax), a Schedule IV medication;
(5) Carisoprodol (Soma), a Schedule IV medication;
(6) Combination Hydrocodone products in liquid or solid dosage form, Schedule III medications.
Section 2. Limitations. Prescriptions for the medications listed in Section 1 of this administrative regulation shall be limited to a thirty (30) day supply without any refills. (33 Ky.R. 1749; eff. 3-9-2007; TAm eff. 7-15-2010; 37 Ky.R. 2046; eff. 6-3-11.)