201 KAR 19:100. Individual seals; office titles.
RELATES TO: KRS 323.095
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 323.210
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: To describe the required seal acceptable to the board.
Section 1. Individual Seals Required. Each architect registered for practice within the Commonwealth of Kentucky shall sign, date and imprint with his seal all documents prepared by him or under his supervision, and shall secure and use for this purpose a seal of the following design:
(1) Two (2) concentric circles;
(a) The outer circle to be one and nine-sixteenths (1 9/16) inches in diameter and the inner circle to one (1) inch in diameter.
(b) The upper portion of the annular space between the two (2) circles shall bear the name of the registrant.
(c) The lower portion of the annular space shall bear the word "Architect."
(d) The space enclosed by the inner circle shall be divided into an upper and lower half.
1. The upper portion shall consist of three (3) lines, the word "Registered," then the abbreviation "No.," and then the number of the certificate of the registrant.
2. The lower portion shall contain, in three (3) lines, the words "Commonwealth of Kentucky."
(2) It shall be permissible to combine the names and registration numbers of two (2) or more registered architects from the same office on one (1) seal. The names of any persons who are not registered architects on any such combination shall not be permitted.
(3) It shall be made clear, by proper use of seal that only those who are licensed architects in Kentucky are in charge and fully responsible for the work involved.
Section 2. Office and Firm Names. (1) Title blocks and firm names used in connection with the practice of architecture in this state shall not be misleading nor infer that unlicensed persons are architects, and only those registered to practice in Kentucky shall be so designated as architects.
(2) A firm name may be used without all members being registered if those architects who are licensed in Kentucky have the title "architect" applied only to them in subheadings or subtitles in defining the practice of the firm. Examples:
(a) SMITH, JONES, MILLER & MOORE
Albert Smith, Architect
(Where Smith and Jones are both architects in their own state but only Albert Smith is licensed in Kentucky and is fully responsible for work in this state); or
(b) SMITH, JONES, MILLER & MOORE, Inc.
Architects and Engineers
Albert Smith, Architect Carl Miller, Mech. Engr.
Robert Jones, Architect John Moore, Struct. Engr.
(Where all are licensed in Kentucky in the professions indicated); or
(c) STATEWIDE STUDIOS, Inc.
Roy Jones, Architect John Davis, Mech. Engr.
Carl Smith, Architect Alan Moore, Manager
(Where Jones and Smith are both licensed in Kentucky and the firm has other members they wish to include in their office title).
Section 3. Sample forms of the prescribed seal are incorporated by reference and may be obtained from the Kentucky Board of Architects, 155 East Main Street, Suite 300, Lexington, Kentucky 40507, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (BERA:R 6; 1 Ky.R. 1247; eff. 7-2-75; Am. 17 Ky.R. 1792; eff. 12-14-90; 20 Ky.R. 2885; eff. 6-2-94; TAm 11-20-2012.)