201 KAR 19:085. Fees.
RELATES TO: KRS 323.080, 323.110
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 323.080, 323.210(1)(b), (2), (3)(b)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 323.080, 323.210(1)(b), (2), (3)(b) require the board to promulgate administrative regulations establishing fees for services. This administrative regulation establishes the deadline for paying the renewal fee and a fee schedule.
Section 1. License Renewal. (1) The renewal fee shall be due and paid before the first day of the year designated as the licensee's renewal period. Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, a licensee failing to pay the renewal fee on or before the 30th day of August, of that designated year, who has not voluntarily surrendered his registration by that date, shall be guilty of violation of the law and his or her license shall be automatically revoked.
(2)(a) Except as provided by paragraph (b) of this subsection, a license shall be renewed, restored, or reinstated by July 1 of each calendar year.
(b) A license issued between January 1 and June 30 of a calendar year shall not be renewed until the following July 1.
(3)(a) During a period of active military duty, a licensee in the military may, upon written application to the board, be excused from paying the renewal fee until the military service is terminated and the licensee wishes to resume practice.
(b) An identification card or renewal certificate shall be issued upon notification of the licensee's return from duty and payment of the current renewal fee.
(4)(a) An architect whose license has been revoked for failure to pay the renewal fee, who wishes to have his or her license reinstated, shall make a written request giving the reason why the licensee neither surrendered his registration nor paid the fee within the time prescribed by law.
(b) Upon payment of the prescribed fees and acceptance by the board, the license shall be reinstated.
(5)(a) The application for license renewal shall include a signed affidavit that the licensee has not been in violation of the professional practice standards stated in 201 KAR 19:095.
(b) Failure to sign the affidavit shall be cause for the renewal application to be rejected.
Section 2. Fee Schedule. (1) Application for admission to the Architect Registration Examination - $100.
(2) Reapplication for admission to the Architect Registration Examination after original application has expired - $100.
(3) For a license certificate after passing of examination - twenty-five (25) dollars.
(4) Application for restoration of a voluntarily surrendered license - $150.
(5) Application for a license by reciprocity with another state or country - $200.
(6) Application for reinstatement of license revoked for failure to pay renewal fee, or suspended by the board; renewal fees from date of revocation plus - $150.
(7)(a) Annual renewal fee for a license renewal submitted and received before July 1: $125.
(b) Annual renewal fee for a license renewal submitted and received on or after July 1 and before August 1: $150.
(c) Annual renewal fee for a license renewal submitted and received on or after August 1 and before August 30: $175.
(8) Annual renewal fee for an emeritus architect: fifty (50) dollars.
(9) Certifying the active license of a registrant to the licensing agency of another jurisdiction: twenty-five (25) dollars.
(10) Administrative fee of twenty-five (25) dollars for failure to notify the board of change of an address, telephone number, email address or employment within thirty (30) days of the change.
(11) Administrative fee of twenty-five (25) dollars for duplicate documents, including renewal forms, wallet cards, or wall certificates.
(12)(a) A fee shall not be refunded.
(b) Each payment shall be by check made payable to "Kentucky State Treasurer."
(c) Each check shall be certified except those for the renewal fee.
Section 3. Charges for Examination. (1) An applicant shall register with and pay the cost of taking the examination directly to the designated testing service.
(2) The examination fee shall be paid each time the examinations are taken and shall not be refunded. (BERA:R-4; 1 Ky.R. 1246; eff. 7-2-75; Am. 4 Ky.R. 183; eff. 1-4-78; 7 Ky.R. 914; eff. 9-2-81; 9 Ky.R. 494; 671; eff. 11-3-82; 17 Ky.R. 1788; 2182; eff. 12-14-90; 20 Ky.R. 2656; eff. 5-18-94; 23 Ky.R. 3397; 3751; eff. 5-19-97; 31 Ky.R. 1535; 1961; eff. 7-1-2005; 35 Ky.R. 1840; 2410; eff. 6-5-09.)