RELATES TO: KRS 322.060, 322.090, 322.100, 322.110, 322.120, 322.160, 322.170
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 322.090, 322.100, 322.110, 322.120, 322.290(4), 322.290(10)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 322.100 requires the board to establish fees for licensure. This administrative regulation establishes fees for examination, licensure, reinstatement, reissuance, and renewal.
Section 1. Examination Fees. The fees for taking the Principles and Practice of Engineering Examination, the Principles and Practice of Land Surveying Examination, the Fundamentals of Engineering Examination, and the Fundamentals of Land Surveying Examination shall be the actual amounts charged by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying.
Section 2. Endorsement, Renewal, Reinstatement, and Reissuance. (1) Renewal of an individual license shall be $150 or shall be twenty (20) dollars for retired or inactive status.
(a) Each licensee whose surname begins with the letters A through K shall renew in odd-numbered years.
(b) Each licensee whose surname begins with the letters L through Z shall renew in even-numbered years.
(2) (a) The fee for reinstatement of an expired license or business entity permit that has been expired for less than one (1) year shall be calculated as provided by KRS 322.160(3).
(b) If the license or business entity permit has been expired for more than one (1) year, the former licensee or business entity shall file an application for reinstatement and pay a fee of $500.
(3) Reissuance of a license after loss or destruction shall be twenty-five (25) dollars.
(4) The fee for licensure by endorsement as a professional engineer or professional land surveyor shall be $300. The fee shall accompany the application for licensure, which is incorporated by reference in 201 KAR 18:020.
(5) An applicant who fails the two (2) hour state specific examination on the first attempt shall be charged fifty (50) dollars for each subsequent attempt.
Section 3. Fees for Examination in Additional Disciplines. (1) After initial licensure, a licensee may apply for examination in one (1) or more disciplines of engineering for which examinations are available.
(2) For each additional examination an applicant shall submit an:
(a) Updated application, which is incorporated by reference in 201 KAR 18:020; and
(b) Examination fee as established in this administrative regulation.
Section 4. Business Entities. (1) The fee for a permit to practice engineering or land surveying in this state shall be $100 for either permit.
(2) A business entity that applies for a dual permit shall submit $150.
(3) These fees shall accompany the application.
(4) The annual renewal fee for an individual permit shall be $100.
(5) The annual renewal fee for a dual permit shall be $150.
Section 5. Payment of Fees. (1) (a) Fees payable pursuant to Sections 2 and 4 of this administrative regulation shall be paid by check or money order made payable to "Kentucky Board of Licensure" or by major credit card.
(b) Fees payable pursuant to Section 1 of this administrative regulation shall be paid directly to the examination service.
(2) All fees shall be nonrefundable. (PE&LS-IV-1; 1 Ky.R. 1019; eff. 6-11-1975; Am. 3 Ky.R. 584; eff. 2-2-1977; 4 Ky.R. 567; eff. 8-2-1978; 8 Ky.R. 194; 343; eff. 11-5-1981; 10 Ky.R. 902; eff. 2-1-1984; 13 Ky.R. 1091; eff. 1-13-1987; 16 Ky.R. 1960; eff. 5-13-1990; 18 Ky.R. 3210; 19 Ky.R. 1069; eff. 10-30-92; 26 Ky.R. 1587; 1798; eff. 4-12-2000; 28 Ky.R. 672; 1113; eff. 11-9-2001; 30 Ky.R. 690; 1204; eff. 12-5-2003; 33 Ky.R. 4203; eff. 8-31-2007; 34 Ky.R. 1097; 1704; eff. 2-1-2008; TAm eff. 4-4-2011; 38 Ky.R. 1636; 1840; eff. 6-1-2012; 39 Ky.R. 528; 948; eff. 12-7-2012; 39 Ky.R. 2380; eff. 9-6-2013.)