201 KAR 14:150. School records.
RELATES TO: KRS 317.410, 317.450, 317.540
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 317.430, 317.440(1)(b)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: 317.440(1)(b) requires the Kentucky Board of Barbering to promulgate administrative regulations to govern quantity and quality of equipment, supplies, materials, records, and furnishings required in barber shops or schools. This administrative regulation establishes requirements for school records.
Section 1. A monthly attendance record of the entire enrollment, including full-time and part-time students, instructors, and apprentice instructors shall be kept by the schools and received at the board office not later than the tenth calendar day of each month.
(1) A barber school shall be held fully responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the attendance record, which shall show the total hours obtained for the previous month and the total accumulated hours to date for all students, instructors, and apprentice instructors.
(2) Only the hours recorded shall be submitted each month, and that report shall not be amended without proof or error and shall be available for inspection.
(3) A copy of the student's daily attendance record for the month of graduation through the date of a student's graduation shall be submitted with the student's certification of hours as part of the application for examination as an apprentice upon completion of the course.
Section 2. A copy of the monthly attendance record, as provided to the board office, shall be posted monthly on a bulletin board in the school so it is available at all times to the students, employees, board members, or agents of the board.
Section 3. (1) Barber schools shall be required to keep a record of a student's daily work, approved and signed by the instructor of each student's practical work, work performed on clinic patrons, and classroom work.
(2) This record shall be included with the student's certification of hours and application for examination as an apprentice upon completion of the course or with the certification of hours if a student withdraws or is dismissed from a school or upon the closure of a school and shall be available for inspection.
Section 4. (1) A detailed record shall be kept of all enrollments, withdrawals, dismissals, and graduations.
(2) Certification of hours completed, including a copy of the student's daily attendance record for the month of graduation through the date of a student's graduation, shall be forwarded with all records of a student's daily work, to the office of the board within ten (10) calendar days of a student's withdrawal, dismissal, graduation, or closure of the barber school.
Section 5. (1) All records shall be kept in a lockable file on the premises of the school and shall be available for inspection.
(2) The security of all records shall be the responsibility of the school.
(3) Records shall be locked if not in use or during nonbusiness hours. (KBB:Sch:Rec'ds-1; 1 Ky.R. 731; eff. 5-14-1975; Am. 10 Ky.R. 902; eff. 2-1-1984; 35 Ky.R. 1835; eff. 1-5-2009.)