GENERAL GOVERNMENT CABINET
Kentucky Board of Hairdressers and Cosmetologists
(As Amended at ARRS, October 8, 2013)
TO: KRS 317A.010,[
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 317A.050
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 317A.050 authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations regarding the practice of threading, the facilities in which the practice of threading may be performed, and applicable sanitation standards. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements for a threader permit, threading facility permit, and sanitation standards.
1. (1) Each person who engages in the practice of threading shall obtain a
threader permit from the board. The permit[
shall be renewed annually between July 1 and July 31 of each year.
(2) An applicant for a threader permit shall:
(a) Pay the requisite fee established by KRS 317A.050(14) or (9)(i); and
Complete the Threading Permit[
an] Application[ that
includes the name, address, phone number, and email of the applicant].
(3) Each threader shall practice in a licensed salon or threading facility.
Section 2. (1) Each owner or operator of a kiosk or other stand-alone facility in which a person engages in the practice of threading shall obtain a threading facility permit from the board that shall be renewed annually between July 1 and July 31 of each year.
(2) An applicant for a threading facility permit shall:
(a) Pay the requisite fee established by KRS 317A.050(14) or (9)(j); and
Complete the Threading Establishment[
application form[ that includes the name, address, phone number,
and email of the applicant].
(3) Each threading facility shall use permitted threaders in the facility.
(4) A threading facility that is not owned by a Kentucky licensed cosmetologist, esthetician, or threader shall appoint a manager who is licensed as a cosmetologist, esthetician, or threader.
Section 3. The board shall inspect any threading facility or salon in this state where threading is conducted.
4. A threader or threading facility[
Threaders and threading
facilities] shall comply with the sanitation requirements of KRS
317A.130, 201 KAR 12:100, and 201 KAR 12:101.
Section 5. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The following material is incorporated by reference:
(a) "Threading Permit Application", February, 2013; and
(b) "Threading Establishment", November 2012.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at Kentucky State Board of Hairdressers and Cosmetologists, 111 St. James Court, Suite A, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
BEA COLLINS, Chair
APPROVED BY AGENCY: July 9, 2013
FILED WITH LRC: July 15, 2013 at noon
CONTACT PERSON: Charles Lykins, Executive Director, 111 St. James Court, Suite A, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, phone (502) 564-4262, fax (502) 564-0481.