201 KAR 11:420. Standards for Internet advertising.
RELATES TO: KRS 324.117(6)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 324.117(6), 324.281(5), 324.282
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 324.117(6) requires the Real Estate Commission to establish an administrative regulation to define the manner in which licensees may utilize any Internet electronic communication for advertising or marketing. This administrative regulation establishes Internet standards.
Section 1. A real estate company’s Internet home page shall include the following information:
(1) The company’s full, nonabbreviated name as recorded with the Kentucky Real Estate Commission or the name of the real estate company's principal broker;
(2) A statement indicating the principal broker is a Kentucky licensed real estate broker if the principal office location is outside of Kentucky; and
(3) A street address and phone number for the company's principal office.
Section 2. A real estate Internet real property advertisement of a licensee, or offer or solicitation to provide brokerage services by a licensee, related to marketing or identifying real property for sale or lease shall include the name of the principal broker of the company with whom the licensee is affiliated pursuant to KRS 324.010(6) and 324.010(14) or the name of the real estate company with which the licensee’s license is held.
Section 3. A nonprincipal broker real estate licensee's Internet home page shall include:
(1) The licensee’s name;
(2) The principal broker with whom the licensee is affiliated or the name of the real estate company recorded with the Kentucky Real Estate Commission with which the licensee’s license is held;
(3) A statement indicating the licensee holds a Kentucky license to broker real estate if the licensee's principal business location is outside Kentucky;
(4) The regulatory jurisdiction of the licensee’s principal business address; and
(5) A street address and phone number for the licensee's principal business location. (27 Ky.R. 1660; Am. 2501; eff. 4-9-2001; 28 Ky.R. 2640; eff. 8-12-2002.)