201 KAR 10:040. Applications.
RELATES TO: KRS 323A.040, 323A.050, 323A.060, 323A.070
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 323A.210(2)(b)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 323A.210 authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations necessary to implement KRS Chapter 323A. This administrative regulation establishes the procedures for the filing and processing of an application for registration as a landscape architect.
Section 1. Filing of Applications. (1) An applicant for registration as a landscape architect shall file a completed Application for Registration to Practice Professional Landscape Architecture. The application shall:
(a) Be filed during regular business hours at the office of the board;
(b) Include an attached photograph, taken within thirty (30) days of the application, of the applicant showing the face of the applicant at least three-fourths (3/4) of an inch wide;
(c) List at least five (5) references in accordance with Section 3 of this administrative regulation;
(d) Be received by the board by February 1 to be considered for the June examination or by August 1 to be considered for the December examination;
(e) Be signed by the applicant, certifying that the applicant:
1. Is familiar with the provisions of KRS Chapter 323A; and
2. Subscribes to and agrees to abide by the applicable statutes and administrative regulations promulgated by the board; and
(f) Be notarized.
(2) An application for a written examination shall be filed at the office of the board at least four (4) months prior to the beginning date of an examination.
(3) The fee prescribed in 201 KAR 10:050, Section 1(6), shall accompany the application.
Section 2. Personal References. (1) The application shall list at least five (5) citizens of the United States as a personal reference for the applicant. Three (3) of the five (5) persons listed as a reference shall be a registered professional landscape architect. A personal reference for an applicant:
(a) Shall not be a relative of the applicant; and
(b) May be contacted by the board for information relating to the applicant's character and professional ability.
(2) A member of the board may be listed as a person who has supervised the work of an applicant.
Section 3. Reciprocity. An applicant who seeks registration under KRS 323A.050(1) shall submit:
(1) Satisfactory proof of registration in good standing in a state in which the applicant is licensed; and
(2) A statement that licensure in the state was obtained:
(a) Under a grandfather clause;
(b) By examination; or
(c) Other means, including an explanation of the other means.
Section 4. Board Consideration of Applications. (1) Each applicant shall be considered and voted on by the board.
(2) Approval of an applicant shall require a majority vote of the board.
(3) The action taken by the board shall be recorded in the board minutes.
(4) A copy of the letter from the board notifying an applicant of the board's decision regarding application shall be placed in the applicant’s file.
Section 5. Professional Landscape Architectural Experience. (1) Military experience shall be acceptable if it has been gained in landscape architecture as defined by the provisions of KRS 323A.010(3).
(2) The sale or installation of a product such as landscape materials (plants and construction) shall not be considered a professional experience.
(3) A plan or sketch drawn by a person solely for the promotion or sale of that person's products shall not be considered a professional experience.
Section 6. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Application for Registration to Practice Professional Landscape Architecture", May 2002 Edition, Kentucky State Board of Examiners and Registration of Landscape Architects, is incorporated by reference.
(2) It may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky State Board of Examiners and Registration of Landscape Architects, 301 East Main Street, Lexington, Kentucky 40507, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (1 Ky.R. 594; eff. 4-9-75; Am. 16 Ky.R. 1236; eff. 2-3-90; 24 Ky.R. 132; 561; eff. 11-14-97; 29 Ky.R. 1005; 1760; eff. 1-16-03.)