RELATES TO: KRS 334.050, 334.080, 334.090, 334.110, 334.160
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 334.050, 334.080, 334.090, 334.110, 334.150
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 334.050 and 334.080 require the Kentucky Licensing Board for Specialists in Hearing Instruments to promulgate an administrative regulation to establish licensure fees for applicants. KRS 334.090 requires the board to promulgate an administrative regulation to establish the fee for an apprentice permit. KRS 334.110 requires the board to promulgate an administrative regulation to establish fees for renewal. KRS 334.150 authorizes the board to promulgate administrative regulations necessary to carry out the provisions of KRS Chapter 334.This administrative regulation establishes in detail all fees charged by the board.
Section 1. Application Fees Schedule. The following fees shall be paid with a hearing instrument specialist application:
(1) The application fee for an apprentice permit shall be $100 and shall be nonrefundable; and
(2) The application fee for a license shall be $100 and shall be nonrefundable.
Section 2. Examination Fees. The following fees shall be paid with a licensure examination required by the board:
(1) The fee for the National Institute for Hearing Instrument Studies Examination shall be ninety-five (95) dollars;
(2) The fee for all portions of the state examination shall be $150; and
(3) The fee for an individual portion of the state examination shall be thirty (30) dollars per portion.
Section 3. Original License Fees. The original license fee shall be $200 for an applicant who successfully completes all examinations. The fee shall be paid by the applicant within thirty (30) days of notification from the board that the applicant has passed all examinations.
Section 4. Renewal Fees and Penalties. A person holding a license shall not practice in this state after March 2 of the year in which the license is to be renewed unless the license has been renewed as provided by KRS 334.090, 334.110, and 201 KAR 7:070, and payment of the prescribed fee has been made. A license not renewed by March 2 following the expiration date shall be expired and a person holding an expired license shall not engage in the practice of fitting and selling hearing instruments. The following fees and penalties shall be paid with licensure renewals:
(1) The renewal fee for licensure shall be $200;
(2) The late renewal fee, including penalty, for the grace period extending from January 31 to March 2 shall be $250;
(3) The fee for renewal of licensure after March 2, including penalty, shall be $300; and
(4) The fee for renewal of an apprentice permit shall be $100. (19 Ky.R. 1462; eff. 12-16-92; Am. 27 Ky.R. 1999; eff. 7-17-2000; 28 Ky.R. 666; 1109; eff. 10-17-2001; 35 Ky.R. 985; eff. 1-5-2009; 40 Ky.R. 1854; 2284; eff. 5-2-2014.)