201 KAR 7:015. Fees.
RELATES TO: KRS 334.050, 334.080, 334.090, 334.110
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 334.050, 334.080, 334.090, 334.110, 334.150
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: This administrative regulation is necessitated by KRS 334.050, 334.080, 334.090 and 334.110 and sets forth in detail all fees charged by the board.
Section 1. Application Fees Schedule. The following fees shall be paid in connection with all types of hearing instrument specialist applications:
(1) The application fee for an apprentice permit shall be $100 dollars.
(2) The application fee for a license shall be $100 dollars.
Section 2. Examination Fees. The following fees shall be paid in connection with the licensure examinations required by the board:
(1) The fee for the National Institute for Hearing Instrument Studies Examination shall be ninety-five (95) dollars.
(2) The fee for all portions of the state examination shall be $150 dollars.
(3) The fee for an individual portion of the state examination shall be thirty (30) dollars per portion.
Section 3. Original License Fees. The original license fee shall be $200 for an applicant who successfully completes all portions of the examination and application processes.
Section 4. Renewal Fees and Penalties. A person holding a license shall not practice in this state after March 2 of the year in which the license is to be renewed unless the license has been renewed as provided by law and payment of the prescribed fee has been made. A license not renewed by March 2 following the expiration date shall be deemed expired and a person holding an expired license shall not engage in the practice of fitting and selling hearing instruments. The following fees and penalties shall be paid in connection with licensure renewals and penalties:
(1) The renewal fee for licensure shall be $200.
(2) The late renewal fee, including penalty, for the grace period extending from January 31 to March 2 shall be $250.
(3) The renewal fee for renewal of licensure after March 2, including penalty, shall be $300. (19 Ky.R. 1462; eff. 12-16-92; Am. 27 Ky.R. 1999; eff. 7-17-2000; 28 Ky.R. 666; 1109; eff. 10-17-2001; 35 Ky.R. 985; eff. 1-5-2009.)