RELATES TO: KRS 315.191(1)(c), (d), 315.210
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 218A.205(7), 315.191(1)(a), (c), (d), 315.210
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 315.210 authorizes the board to establish conditions for licensure by reciprocity. KRS 218A.205(7) requires the board to establish requirements for background checks for licensees. This administrative regulation establishes conditions, forms, and examination requirements for licensure by reciprocity.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Board" is defined by KRS 315.010(3).
(2) "License transfer" means a license to practice pharmacy in Kentucky issued by the board to a pharmacist licensed in another jurisdiction.
(3) "NABP" means the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy.
Section 2. An applicant licensed in another jurisdiction shall be eligible for license transfer, if the:
(1) Requirements for licensure of the jurisdiction that granted his or her license met or exceeded Kentucky requirements for licensure when the license in the other jurisdiction was granted;
(2) Applicant holds in good standing, an active license to practice pharmacy;
(3) Applicant has:
(a) Completed and certified the NABP Preliminary Application for Transfer of Pharmacist License form; and
(b) Received an NABP Official Application for Transfer of Pharmacist License;
(4) Applicant is currently in good standing in the jurisdiction from which he or she has applied;
(5) Applicant has successfully completed an examination in jurisprudence;
(6) Applicant has submitted to a nation-wide criminal background investigation by means of fingerprint check by the Department of Kentucky State Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation; and
(7) Applicant has submitted to a query to the National Practitioner Data Bank of the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
Section 3. Required Information. An applicant shall provide the information required by the NABP Preliminary Application for Transfer of Pharmacist License form, including:
(1) Name, maiden, and other names used currently or previously;
(2) Address, telephone number;
(3) Date and place of birth, and current age;
(4) Social Security number;
(7) State of original license by examination, including:
(a) License number;
(b) Original date of issue;
(c) Current status of original licensure; and
(d) State for which license transfer is requested;
(8) Pharmacy education, including:
(a) Name and location of pharmacy school;
(b) Name of pharmacy degree;
(c) Date degree was received; and
(d) Other professional degrees, including the information specified by paragraphs (a) to (c) of this subsection;
(9) Whether the applicant has earned certification by the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee, and, if so, the examination equivalency number assigned;
(10) Total hours of practical experience prior to licensure as a pharmacist, including the State Board of Pharmacy with which the hours are filed;
(11) States, dates, and results of pharmacist licensure examinations;
(12) Pharmacist licenses obtained by:
(a) Score transfer; and
(b) Licensure transfer;
(13) Practice and employment, including nonpharmacist employment, from initial licensure to the date of filing the application; and
(14) Record of charges, convictions, and fines imposed, or certification that the applicant has not been convicted, fined, or disciplined, or had a license revoked.
Section 4. The board shall accept a license transfer from a jurisdiction that:
(1) Is an active member of the NABP; and
(2) Grants license transfer to a pharmacist pursuant to conditions and requirements that are the equivalent of conditions and requirements established by the board.
Section 5. An applicant shall take and pass the Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination administered by the NABP.
Section 6. Fee. An applicant shall include the fee specified by 201 KAR 2:050, Section 1(2), (20).
Section 7. (1) "NABP Preliminary Application for Transfer of Pharmacist License", 3/06, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law at the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy, State Office Building Annex, Suite 300, 125 Holmes Street, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Rx-3, 11; 1 Ky.R. 147; eff. 12-11-74; Am. 16 Ky.R. 794; 1943; eff. 3-8-90; 24 Ky.R. 1115; 1865; eff. 3-16-98; 25 Ky.R. 2185; 2832; eff. 6-16-99; 26 Ky.R. 1436; 1798; eff. 4-12-2000; 32 Ky.R. 1463; 1879; eff. 5-5-06; 39 Ky.R. 502; 1371; eff. 2-1-2013; 39 Ky.R. 2378; eff. 8-21-2013; 41 Ky.R. 298; 738; eff. 10-15-2014.)