RELATES TO: KRS 218A.205(3)(g), 315.050
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 218A.205(3)(g), 315.050(2), 315.191(1), (2), (4)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 315.050(2) and 315.191(1)(c) authorize the board to promulgate administrative regulations to prescribe the time, place, method, manner, scope, and subjects of examinations. KRS 218A.205(3)(g) requires the board to establish requirements for background checks for licensees. This administrative regulation establishes the examination and application requirements for obtaining a license to practice pharmacy in Kentucky.
Section 1. The examination for licensure shall include:
(1) The North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLEX); and
(2) The Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination (MPJE).
Section 2. The passing score on the required examinations shall be:
(1) At least seventy-five (75) on the basis of the NAPLEX and the MPJE grades shall not be used in computing the NAPLEX; and
(2) At least seventy-five (75) on the basis of the MPJE.
Section 3. If an applicant fails to obtain the necessary scores in any of the tests described in Section 2 of this administrative regulation, the applicant may upon proper application retake the tests upon the payment of the fee set forth in 201 KAR 2:050 plus any direct costs for test materials and supplies. An applicant who has failed any test may retake that test within one (1) year of the date the applicant first failed the test without having to reapply.
Section 4. All results of examinations shall be preserved according to the Board of Pharmacy Record Retention Schedule.
Section 5. Fees submitted with an application shall be nonrefundable.
Section 6. Prior to approval for examination, an applicant shall:
(1) Submit to a nation-wide criminal background investigation by means of fingerprint check by the Department of Kentucky State Police or the Federal Bureau of Investigation; and
(2) Submit to a query to the National Practitioner Data Bank of the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
Section 7. License, Fee. An applicant shall submit:
(1) An Initial Application for Pharmacist Licensure pursuant to KRS 315.050; and
(2) As appropriate, the fee established by 201 KAR 2:050, Section 1(1).
Section 8. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Initial Application for Pharmacist Licensure", Form 1, 7/2012, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy, State Office Building Annex, Suite 300, 125 Holmes Street, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (1 Ky.R. 9; eff. 9-11-74; Am. 7 Ky.R. 403; eff. 12-3-80; 9 Ky.R. 11; eff. 8-11-82; 11 Ky.R. 1614; eff. 6-4-85; 16 Ky.R. 793; eff. 1-12-90; 19 Ky.R. 443; eff. 10-8-92; 26 Ky.R. 866; 1117; eff. 12-15-99; 32 Ky.R. 1462; 1879; eff. 5-5-2006; 39 Ky.R. 501; eff. 2-1-2013.)