109 KAR 4:020. Implementation of fund.
RELATES TO: KRS 67.680, 67.682, 381.697
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 67.682
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 67.682 mandates that the Department for Local Government promulgate administrative regulations governing county cemetery boards and creating and administering a Commonwealth of Kentucky county cemetery fund. This administrative regulation establishes the criteria for receipt of grants from the county cemetery fund.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Department" means the Department for Local Government.
(2) "Division" means the Division of Local Resources, Department for Local Government.
(3) "Director" means the Director of the Division of Local Resources, Department for Local Government.
(4) "Eligible county" means a county which has established a county cemetery board pursuant to KRS 67.680 and this administrative regulation.
(5) "KCPFB" means the Kentucky Cemetery Preservation Fund Board.
Section 2. County Cemetery Board Appointments. The appointment term of each county cemetery board member shall be four (4) years, except for initial appointment terms. Initial appointment terms shall be as follows: two (2) members appointed to a one (1) year term; two (2) members appointed to two (2) year terms; and one (1) member appointed to a three (3) year term.
Section 3. Kentucky Cemetery Preservation Fund Board. (1) The Kentucky Cemetery Preservation Fund Board is hereby created to administer the county cemetery fund. KCPFB members shall be as follows:
(a) Commissioner of the department or the commissioner’s designee, chairperson;
(b) Executive Director of the Kentucky Heritage Council or the executive director’s designee;
(c) Executive Director of the Kentucky Historical Society or the executive director’s designee;
(d) Executive Director of the Kentucky Association of Counties or the executive director’s designee; and
(e) Chairperson of the Kentucky African-American Heritage Commission or the chairperson’s designee.
(2) The KCPFB shall meet at the direction of the chairperson to review eligible projects. The determination of projects to be funded and the project funding amount shall be at the discretion of the KCPFB.
Section 4. Grants. An eligible county may submit a Kentucky Cemetery Preservation Fund Application Form to the Division for review by the KCPFB.
Section 5. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Kentucky Cemetery Preservation Fund Application Form", 12/02, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the offices of the Department for Local Government, 1024 Capital Center Drive, Suite 340, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (29 Ky.R. 1427; Am 1759; eff. 1-16-03.)