106 KAR 5:020. KCCRT educational and training requirements.
RELATES TO: KRS 36.250
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 36.260 (3), (8).
NECESSITY, FUNCTION AND CONFORMITY: KRS 36.260(8) requires the Kentucky Community Crisis Response Board to promulgate administrative regulations as necessary to execute the duties of the board. KRS 36.260(3) requires the Board to maintain a team of volunteer members to provide crisis response services statewide. This administrative regulation establishes educational and training requirements for volunteer members.
Section 1. Crisis Response Team Education and Training Committee. (1) The Executive Director shall:
(a) Establish a standing education and training committee made up of at least four (4) members, appointed from among members of the Board and the crisis response team; and
(b) Appoint each committee member to serve a four (4) year term.
(2) The education and training committee shall:
(a) Meet on a quarterly basis;
(b) Assist the executive director regarding criteria for providers of membership training and continuing education;
(c) Assist in promoting statewide training for members or potential members of the KCCRT;
(d) Review the qualifications of each core competency training provider, if requested by the executive director; and
(e) Review each KCCRB-sponsored training in order to evaluate its relevance to core competency and crisis response services before making the program available to team members.
Section 2. Continuing education hours. (1) Each KCCRT member shall complete at least thirty (30) continuing education hours for each four (4) year period of service.
(2) Continuing education hours shall include:
(a) At least six (6) hours utilizing the "KCCRT All Hazards Field Manual"; and
(b) At least twenty-four (24) hours in core competency training.
(3) Approved hours earned in excess of the required thirty (30) hours shall be carried over into the next membership cycle.
Section 3. Documenting Continuing Education Hours. (1) Each KCCRT member requesting renewal of his or her four (4) year term shall:
(a) Complete continuing education hours in accordance with Section 3 of this administrative regulation;
(b) Submit a completed "Team Membership Renewal Continuing Education Form"; and
(c) Submit a completed "Team Membership Renewal Agreement:' and
(d) Submit one (1) of the following as documented proof of fulfillment of the continuing education requirement:
1. An official certificate of completion;
2. A statement of completion signed by the course instructor; or
3. A written approval by the executive director stating that the member has fulfilled the educational requirement by other means resulting in training equivalent to the educational requirements of this administrative regulation.
(2) If continuing education hours are denied a team member for lack of relevant content, the committee shall notify the member, in writing:
(a) That the hours have been denied approval;
(b) Of the reason for the denial;
(c) That the member may request reconsideration by the education and training committee, in writing, within thirty (30) working days from the date of receipt of notification; and
(d) That subsequent formal appeal may be had pursuant to KRS Chapter 13B.
Section 4. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The following material is incorporated by reference:
(a) "KCCRT All Hazards Field Manual", 10/2005;
(b) "Team Membership Renewal Agreement", 5/2007; and
(c) "Team Membership Renewal Continuing Education Form", 1/2007.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the offices of the Kentucky Community Crisis Board, Pine Hill Plaza, 1121 Louisville Road, Suite 2, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601-6169, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This material may also be obtained at the Kentucky Community Crisis Response Board's Internet Web site, http://www.kccrb.ky.gov/. (33 Ky.R. 3116; 3599, eff. 7-6-2007.)