106 KAR 1:111. Kentucky Emergency Response Commission Fee Account Grant Review Committee.
RELATES TO: KRS 39E.040, 39E.050, 39E.080, 39E.110, 39E.140, 39E.150
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 39E.040(3), (6), 39E.050, 39E.080
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 39E.040(3) requires the Kentucky Emergency Response Commission to develop reporting requirements and procedures for individuals, businesses, and governmental agencies that manufacture, use, store, or transport hazardous substances. KRS 39E.040(6) requires the commission to recommend administrative regulations to the director for issuance by the Division of Emergency Management to implement KRS Chapter 39E. This administrative regulation establishes the Kentucky Emergency Response Commission Grant Review Committee to review requests for financial assistance.
Section 1. Purpose of the Grant Review Committee. (1) The Grant Review Committee shall review all grant requests from local emergency planning committees and state agencies and make recommendations to the Kentucky Emergency Response Commission.
(2) The Grant Review Committee shall monitor all grant awards to ensure compliance with KRS Chapter 39E and Title 106 KAR.
Section 2. Grant Review Committee Organization. (1) The Grant Review Committee shall consist of not less than five (5) nor more than nine (9) members of the Kentucky Emergency Response Commission who shall be appointed by the Chairman of the Kentucky Emergency Response Commission with approval of the commission.
(2) The chairman of the Grant Review Committee shall be elected by members of the Grant Review Committee.
(3) Members shall serve for a term of one (1) year and may be reappointed.
(4) Proxy votes or proxy membership shall not be permitted.
(5) If a member misses two (2) consecutive meetings, the position shall be considered vacant and the Chairman of the Kentucky Emergency Response Commission, with the approval of the Kentucky Emergency Response Commission, shall appoint a replacement.
(6) A quorum shall be required for the Grant Review Committee meetings. (18 Ky.R. 1719; eff. 1-27-1992; 43 Ky.R. 1231, 1524; eff. 3-31-2017.)