104 KAR 1:010. Posting, distribution and availability of notices and pamphlets.
RELATES TO: KRS 344.190
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 13A.100, 344.190(14)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: This administrative regulation is necessary to establish requirements for persons defined in KRS 344.010, 344.030, 344.130 and 344.367, to post, distribute and make available notices and pamphlets.
Section 1. Equal Employment Opportunity Notices. (1) An employer, employment agency, licensing agency and labor organization, shall post and maintain at its establishment equal employment opportunity notices.
(2) Equal employment opportunity notices shall be posted and shall be readily apparent to an employee and applicant for employment. They shall be posted:
(a) In easily-accessible and well-lighted places; and
(b) At or near each location where the employee's services are performed.
(3) A Labor organization shall post "equal employment opportunity" notices in easily-accessible and well-lighted places. The notices shall be readily apparent to member and an applicant for membership.
Section 2. Public Accommodations Welcome Notice. (1) An owner, lessee, proprietor, or manager of a place of public accommodation, resort, or amusement, shall post and maintain at a place of public accommodation, resort or amusement welcome notices.
(2) Public accommodation welcome notices shall be posted where they may be readily observed by those seeking or granting any of the accommodations, advantages, facilities, or privileges of places of public accommodations, resort or amusement.
Section 3. Equal Housing Opportunity Notices. (1) A person or business entity engaged in an real estate or real estate-related transaction shall post and maintain at each location where services are regularly performed, the equal housing opportunity notices.
(2) Equal housing opportunity notices shall be posted at each location where services are regularly performed, in an easily-accessible and well-lighted place. The notice shall be readily apparent to a person seeking services.
Section 4. Fair Housing Law Pamphlets. A person or entity engaged in real estate or real estate-related transactions shall provide to owners and customers at the time of sale, purchase, rental, insuring or financing of real property, a copy of the pamphlet "What Kentucky's Fair Housing Law Means".
Section 5. Material Incorporated by Reference. (1) The following material is incorporated by reference:
(a) "Equal Employment Opportunity Notice (February, 1993)";
(b) "Public Accommodations Welcome Notice (February, 1993)";
(c) "Equal Housing Opportunity Notice (February, 1993)";
(d) Pamphlet: "What Kentucky's Fair Housing Law Means (February, 1993)".
(2) This material may be inspected, copied or obtained:
(a) At the Office of the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights, The Heyburn Building, Suite 700, 332 West Broadway, Louisville, Kentucky 40202; or
(b) By calling:
1. (502) 595-4024;
2. (800) 292-5566;
3. (502) 595-4084 (TDD), for the hearing impaired;
4. Kentucky Relay Service (800) 648-6056 (TTY/TDD). (HR-1; 1 Ky.R. 234; eff. 1-8-75; Am. 7 Ky.R. 222; eff. 10-1-80; 18 Ky.R. 2862; 3178; eff. 4-14-92; 19 Ky.R. 2077; 2388; eff. 5-10-93.)