32 KAR 2:220. Electronic reporting file format and test file compliance procedure.
RELATES TO: KRS 121.015(13), 121.120(6), 121.180
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 121.120(1)(g), 121.120(6)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION AND CONFORMITY: KRS 121.120(1)(g) grants the Registry the power to promulgate administrative regulations necessary to carry out the provisions of KRS Chapter 121. KRS 121.120(6)(a) requires the Kentucky Registry of Election Finance to promulgate administrative regulations providing "a nonproprietary standardized format or formats, using industry standards, for the transmission of data required under this chapter ". Further, KRS 121.120(6)(b) requires the registry to "accept test files from software vendors and persons wishing to file reports electronically" to determine whether the software and data format submitted complies with the registry’s file format. This administrative regulation establishes a data file format for electronic reporting, as defined by KRS 121.015(13), and a procedure for the submission of test files.
Section 1. Electronic Reporting Data Transmission Format. The approved format for the electronic reporting of election finance statements required under KRS Chapter 121 shall be the Electronic Reporting Data Transmission Format, 2003 Edition.
Section 2. Submission of Test Files for Compliance. (1) A vendor of filer-side software or a person wishing to use vendor filer-side software for the purpose of electronic reporting shall submit test files for a compliance determination by the registry in the manner described by this section. The requesting vendor or person shall complete all of the following:
(a) Address the request for a compliance determination in writing to the Executive Director, Kentucky Registry of Election Finance, 140 Walnut Street, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601;
(b) Submit a cover letter addressed to the executive director, which includes the following information:
1. A brief description of the software, including the filer types for whom the software is designed;
2. A description of the support offered to filers by the manufacturer or vendor of the software;
3. A statement describing whether the software is capable of executing in a client server environment;
4. The cost of the software, including the cost of any technical support offered by the manufacturer or vendor of the software; and
5. The name, address, and telephone number for a contact person who can provide any additional technical information on behalf of the vendor or person; and
(c) Submit an evaluation copy of the existing software, including sample data for testing each of the five (5) file layouts described in Section 1 of this administrative regulation.
(2) Electronic campaign finance data prepared using software not determined to comply with the format specified in Section 1 of this administrative regulation shall not constitute a properly filed election finance statement.
(3) There shall be made available an Electronic Reporting Software Vendor List, Edition 2003, which shall list vendor filer-side software products that have been determined by the registry to comply with the format for electronic reporting specified in Section 1 of this administrative regulation.
Section 3. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The following material is incorporated by reference:
(a) "The Electronic Reporting Data Transmission Format, 2003 Edition"; and
(b) "The Electronic Reporting Software Vendor List, 2003 Edition".
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Registry of Election Finance, 140 Walnut Street, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This material may also be obtained at http://www.kref.ky.gov. (28 Ky.R. 2287; Am. 2570; eff. 6-14-2002; 29 Ky.R. 2930; eff. 8-13-03; 32 Ky.R. 711; 1084; eff. 1-6-06.)