31 KAR 4:010. Voter identification cards.
RELATES TO: KRS 117.227
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 117.015
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 117.015 authorizes the State Board of Elections to promulgate administrative regulations necessary to properly carry out its duties. KRS 117.227 requires election officers to confirm the identity of each voter and list the method of identification. This administrative regulation establishes a procedure for documenting the confirmation of identity on precinct voter rosters.
Section 1. In addition to the forms of identification specifically provided for by KRS 117.227, the following shall be acceptable for confirmation of a voter's identity. Any identification card that:
(1)(a) Bears both the picture and signature of the voter; or
(b) Has been issued by the county; and
(2) Has been approved in writing by the State Board of Elections.
Section 2. The method of identification used shall be recorded on the precinct voter roster by use of the following codes:
(1) Personal acquaintance - "PA".
(2) Motor vehicle operator's license - "DL".
(3) Social Security card - "SS".
(4) Credit card - "CC".
(5) Identification card with picture and signature, United States government-issued identification card and Kentucky state government-issued identification card with picture (other identification) - "OI".
Section 3. The election officer confirming the identity shall enter his initials on the precinct voter roster in lieu of a signature. (17 Ky.R. 1229; eff. 12-7-1990; 44 Ky.R. 112; 510; eff. 10-6-2017.)